Got my antenna upgrade yesterday...(sigh)

wasch_24 said:
Do you have the scanning software? If not, then those channels most likely weren't even in your PG which doesn't necessarily mean that the Voom box wasn't seeing them it means it wasn't allowing you to see them. Siince you can get stations from so many different DMA's you will be better served using your integrated tuner until the software upgrade comes out.

Actually, I got Sean to get my mapping changed. So before I got it changed, I couldn't pick up any channels with the antenna pointed in that direction.

I think if I they would go ahead and send the update out, my OTA problems might get solved since I am now getting a strong signal from two of my original locals with the antenna facing AWAY from them.

Of course there is one channel that my tv can pick up on its own yet Voom's receiver can't pick it up when I switch the antenna back to it.

JaydeeD, I live in Walla Walla and I can get KNDU/NBC and KVEW/ABC digitals just fine and I'm to the southeast of them about 40 miles. I can't get KEPR/CBS because they are extremly low power and are only transmitting in on direction. KVEW and KNDU do indeed plan on HD, they plan on going HD in summer of 2005, whereas KEPR has no plans, they suck. I have had great luck with corresponding with KFFX/Fox, they just went digital and they have no plans for HD at this time, they stated possibly another 5-7 years becasuse of the money involved. For PBS, go for the Pendelton one, they do HD on channel 5, the Tri-Cities one does not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts