Voom won't upgrade antenna

jmhunter83

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
So I was approved for a new antenna over the phone, and then this crap has followed, this is taking from the email support section:

---

Customer (JACOB) 02/17/2005 04:16 AM
I requested a larger antenna, it was approved but my installer just emailed and said that you guys denied the request. I should be able to receive Digital channel 32 CBS. On antennaweb my address shows up at the begining of my driveway. You will see on antenna web a L shaped driveway coming off of Pesante Rd. That is where I live, if you click it, it will show you what channels i should receive, and 32 is on that list. Please reconsider the denial of the larger antenna, I plan on being a long term voom customer, and I would appreciate the effort to keep me as one.
---
Response (Autumn H.) 02/18/2005 12:19 AM
Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I have researched your account, and I see that our installation department, Installs Inc. has denied the request for this antenna upgrade. Reason being because the local channel 32 is not listed as a channel that you would receive, according to antenna web. Records state that this is the only local that you are not receiving, and we cannot approve an upgraded antenna for only one channel.

We provide you with an off-air antenna and digital ATSC tuner to enable you to receive the local digital channels available in your area. Local digital channel reception varies greatly by location. There are many factors that determine the quality of the signal you can receive at your home including the distance from the signal towers, the direction from which the signal is broadcast, the presence of tall buildings, hills, or trees near your home, and the strength at which your local station chooses to broadcast the channel. Being that we do not charge you for the antenna, ATSC tuner, or for your local programming, we do not guarantee which digital local channels you will receive or their quality.

Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition programming!

Adrianne F.
VOOM Email Support
---
SENT BY ME tonight:

If you read the prior email (please refer to it for directions to locate my actual address with antenna web) antenna web pulls up the location of the head of my driveway, not where my home actual is. My driveway is in a valley, my house is on a ridge 200 feet higher in elevation. Please reconsider the decision, as I am sure a signal can be obtained with a better antenna,, if you follow the directions i listed in my prior email you will see that I can receive digital 32/46, as i have a line of site and I am only about 17 miles from the transmission tower.

i would keep on them if it is in the same direction as your other station sound like you may just need you existing antenna adjusted with a service call. What antenna do you have now?

I have the retarded standard issue sensar.

It isn't in the same direction, it is due south, the stations i receive currently are due east. It is probably going to require a larger UHF band antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)