Should I ask for an antenna upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
t,

you called me a LIAR about the time factor per job and STILL are evading the issue!!!!! and the gal in rocklin is quoting you as scripture in the area of voom installs...

prosite??? the time factors???? extra $$$$??? either PROVE ME WRONG OR ADMIT IM RIGHT???

10 hours for one ird?????(115) hahahahahaha

dragon

jbphoenix said:
When my original install was done by Install Inc. in Houston, TX. The installer did not even peak the signal before leaving! The sat. signal was at 88 and when I ask him if he could try to get a little better sat. signal, he said that 88 was more than sufficient! He had a new $450.00 Bird Dog meter, and I would have figured that he would have at least took the time to get a better signal than 88 for the sat.!

I even made it easy on them because I already had 2 RG-6 feeds from when I had E* and already had an OTA Ant. that received all of the OTA stations.

He grounded the diplexer to my cold side of my HW tank (which was in the attic of the house) and ran the ground wire directly across my attic opening, so anyone trying to get in the attic could easily get snagged on it (I Re-routed the ground wire after he left!). He was at the house for less than 45 mins.!

After he left, I connected my $15.00 generic sat. meter and was able to peak the signal up to 96-97! I know that that time is of the essence for the installers to make more $$$, but they should at least take enough time to make sure that both sat. and OTA signals are peaked to the max, and cabling (Including ground wires) is installed so that it would not be a hazard to the customer..

I did not ask for anything special because I was a V* from the installer, and if there is an issue with the OTA antenna, then by all means the installer should contact Voom and ask for a different solution to the problem. If another trip is necessary, then so be it... I would think that V* would pay additional for a "reasonable amount" of extra time for a customer install if the time is necessary, but I am not an installer and do not know what rules V* has for installation times. Like I said above, the installer I had was there for less than 45 mins., so he if he had to spend 45 mins. extra at another install, then he would have still had a full days pay...

Just my $0.02 worth..

that is a good cx, and a reasonable cx, and this guy deserved more than he got!!!!

dragon

dragon002 said:
t,

you called me a LIAR about the time factor per job and STILL are evading the issue!!!!! and the gal in rocklin is quoting you as scripture in the area of voom installs...

prosite??? the time factors???? extra $$$$??? either PROVE ME WRONG OR ADMIT IM RIGHT???

10 hours for one ird?????(115) hahahahahaha

dragon

No will not admit you are right cause you are not

You know what i do not have to explain what i get paid to you but i did post and YES I GOT PAID 115.00 FOR 10 HOURS BUT NO IT WAS 3 IRDS.
but you know what i could care less if you believe me or not. i will not loss no sleep.

No need to bring Vicki into this .

t

t,

1 what is PROSITE? answer the question, you cant!!

2 you are a 2nd tier sub, a 3 ird install pays 165.00 and has a 2.5 hour time factor and after 2.5 hours im on the phone getting at least 75 per unit...from installsinc and approved by voom

3 do the ota upgrade do you call and get paid for a 65 ota and a40 svc fee for the upgrade???

4 that job should have paid 165 plus 40 plus 65 is $270 and taken no more than 3.5 hrs

5 and ive been doing this over five years myself and i generate one svc call per 200 installations, im no babe in the woods

dragon

Reposting from another thread since it also applies here:

Dragon,

I don't know who you are...yet, but I am familiar with your writing style (or lack thereof). Why don't you tell us who you are before someone matches your current alias with one of your former aliases?

Now is the time to come clean.....

Just realized after reading your last post...that I tore into you sometime last summer for your repeated tactless antics and generally acting the fool. Don't have time to search through my posts at this late hour.

riffjim4069 said:
Reposting from another thread since it also applies here:

Dragon,

I don't know who you are...yet, but I am familiar with your writing style (or lack thereof). Why don't you tell us who you are before someone matches your current alias with one of your former aliases?

Now is the time to come clean.....

Just realized after reading your last post...that I tore into you sometime last summer for your repeated tactless antics and generally acting the fool. Don't have time to search through my posts at this late hour.

first off why the hate

second, i went on / found this site about a month ago

third, i posted something about voom and vicki has been attacking ever since, my posts are the same as hers, or should be

fourth , are you a literary agent or a scholar into writing novels?? my lack there of??

fifth, i dont see staff member or moderater by your name , so why the questions??

dragon

dragon002 said:
t,

1 what is PROSITE? answer the question, you cant!!

2 you are a 2nd tier sub, a 3 ird install pays 165.00 and has a 2.5 hour time factor and after 2.5 hours im on the phone getting at least 75 per unit...from installsinc and approved by voom

3 do the ota upgrade do you call and get paid for a 65 ota and a40 svc fee for the upgrade???

4 that job should have paid 165 plus 40 plus 65 is $270 and taken no more than 3.5 hrs

5 and ive been doing this over five years myself and i generate one svc call per 200 installations, im no babe in the woods

dragon

1 useless tech

2 if you get paid 165.00 for 3 ird than i am get ripe off big time Or maybe you are being over paid.

3 no i only get 30% over what the antenna cost and the on i use is 45.00 and no i don't get 40 svc if on the orginal install and i only get 35.00

4 like i said if you get paid this much i am getting ripe off or maybe you are just being overpaid or over charging.

5 but how may customer request for a different installer beings you didn't do it right the first time.

t.

1 useless tech??? it is a scheduling platform,,,,what do you use to get work thru??? a fax machine?? if so you are a sub.

2,3,4 not saying you are getting ripped at all, my pay is how my contract with installs inc was negotiated.

5 i would have been charged back if a different tech went there and found something wrong, and could prove it with evidence.

dragon

No hate over here...why so defensive? I am just stating that you have visited the VOOM Forum in the past and posted under another alias. I base this on what you say, how you interact with Forum members, and the reactions your comments incite. Forum members and Staff have caught other individuals returning to the VOOM Forum after they were banned. I may be wrong, but I am probably right. Your reaction to my last post only confirms my suspicion.

As far as your professional differences with TYORK, perhaps all you need is a three day vacation.

dragon002 said:
1 useless tech??? it is a scheduling platform,,,,what do you use to get work thru??? a fax machine?? if so you are a sub.

2,3,4 not saying you are getting ripped at all, my pay is how my contract with installs inc was negotiated.

5 i would have been charged back if a different tech went there and found something wrong, and could prove it with evidence.

dragon

No i do not get my work from a fax machine sorry do you? I know what i am thank you/

You are not going to tell me that the pay is that much different cause if this is the case i will be making some phone calls on Monday morning .

You told me that you didn't work directly from installs inc you work from someone out in Iowa or somewhere. And if you did work directly for install Inc than i would think you would know who your Field Manger was but if i remember right you had no clue...

Not always the case not for the ota wrong again.

t

Just my 2 worthless cents:

1) Voom, DTV, all the other companies hire install companies with the expectation that they WILL do a good curtious and "Profesional" job. The idea being an installer company will do the job the best (obviously sometimes an erronius assuption)

2) The customers expect the same & as thats what Voom and others promise the customer has every right to. It isnt the customers Job to research and find out who does good work or anything that was the Job of Voom and other companies when they hire installer groups. The customers Job is to be there when installer shows, make access avail for where the installer needs to go and basically stay out of his way so he CAN do his job.

3) Now the rub - Unfortunatly there are many installers out there with what comes across as Dragons mentality of "Just do enough to get by". This doesnt mean all installers are bad, some are really exceptional and take pride in their work, but others are just Greedy/lazy in wanting 2x the money for 1/2 a**ed service. To these sorts of installers there is no such thing as priding self in quality of their work its all about the ducets, no matter if it makes install inc, Voom or any other comp look bad as long as they get paid.

I've worked both retail and service based jobs in my limited lifetime but in every one of them I felt it was my job or duty to do the best I could for each person I delt with & prided myself in the fact that I did so.

Finally, TG Dragon wasnt MY installer cause I'd of been on the phone in no time demanding he be removed and a Proffesional that has pride in their work be sent. My installer wasnt perfect but still damned site better than how D sounds to be. Things mine didnt do that I just coped with since he was here for quite some times is Not fastening the cables to the wall as they run down from roof, Failing to program or explain the changes with the new remote as far as controlling TV/VCR (took me 2 days of calling several places to find out about the mute button step) Not thinking of trying our already installed OTA ant, which actually brings in more OTA channels in HD than what was installed. He still did make the effort tho to have all three boxes running right and even gave me his direct phone number in case I needed to call him later. So even tho he didnt do a "Perfect" job he made the effort which means alot to a customer in this day of "just get by" shoddy work.

TYORK said:
You told me that you didn't work directly from installs inc you work from someone out in Iowa or somewhere. And if you did work directly for install Inc than i would think you would know who your Field Manger was but if i remember right you had no clue...

Not always the case not for the ota wrong again.

t

No one here thinks you have to justisfy yourself to Dragon.

"lobstah,

thanks for the partial back-up , as to the voom cx acting like they want more and to be treated "special" , sweet mother of god man , read these posts on this and other sites, yes they do!!!"

I'm not quite sure how you interpreted my post as "partial back-up". What I said was that they want a professional job done.

I also said that if you don't think VOOM pays you enough money to do the install, don't bitch to ME about it, because I didn't hire you.

This is the biggest reason that VOOM should get out of the installation business. They should A) ship the equipment to the homeowner, and B) provide a customer with a list of "qualified" installers in their area that they can hire to do the install if they'd like. That gets VOOM out of the picture, OTHER than being able to remove an installation company that has had X number of negative comments back to VOOM.

Lob

For anyone that cares,,,,I called VOOM and they have agreed to upgrade my antenna on April 4th. Hope this helps my reception issues.

kspeters said:
For anyone that cares,,,,I called VOOM and they have agreed to upgrade my antenna on April 4th. Hope this helps my reception issues.

i care and hope everything goes well.

t

Funny...they did the same thing for me.
But what that REALLY meant was that someone would come out and "evaluate" my site to determine if I needed an upgrade.
They blew off the first appointment, showed up for the second one and "evaluated" me. They said yes...called VOOM for authorization, called their office to schedule us for the antenna install two days later, and blew that off too. No call, no nothing.
So the bright side is, you've GOT to get better service than that :)

And Tyork?...No call from anyone. Not voom, not the installer, no Installs, Inc.

Nada...zip, nutting.

Lob

Lobstah said:
But what that REALLY meant was that someone would come out and "evaluate" my site to determine if I needed an upgrade.
They blew off the first appointment, showed up for the second one and "evaluated" me. They said yes...called VOOM for authorization, called their office to schedule us for the antenna install two days later, and blew that off too. No call, no nothing.

And Tyork?...No call from anyone. Not voom, not the installer, no Installs, Inc.

Nada...zip, nutting.

Lob

i am trying to get ahold of the Regional Manager right now.

tyork

Lobstah said:

Nada...zip, nutting.

Lob

Sorry to hear you had problems. I have an extremely reliable installer due to the help I found through T and others. He called today and we talked for half an hour on options and we are set for Friday to get the new antenna up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)