Should I ask for an antenna upgrade?

bone74 said:
she must be "crafty"too i bet she can make an ota out of anything.. lots of faith in antennaweb too.

noone said i was crafty will not with antenna's but antennaweb is pretty close to what we need .

t , here goes

i know for a fact you do almost no directv

the only lousy work you have left is this abortion called VOOM

it isnt gonna last , ergen is gonna kill it

IF you had any jobs at all left on that 10 hour 3 boxer day you would have pressed the issue with installs or voom, you had no where else to go and you and tried to get extra after it was done, well you found out that doesnt happen, didnt ya? get it while you are there or tell them im gone! you did the job you were sent to do and did it with the eq the co sent, right?

dragon

Wrong again , I have 3 best buy store that am the primary on so i have to say you don't know what you are talking about again . and we will see about voom i still have job everyday

and just to let you know if you must know i did get the approvel on the extra time today for the job that i spent so much time out on but guess what the customer antenna is working and that been to week ago and he is a happy customer cause i spent the extra time to get his antenna working not worried about the money at the time worried about get the customer antenna working .

Beleive it or not

dragon002 said:
spahoose,

there is one other group of people who got voom installed, and it is because of a posting on this site that they did. the post basically said that voom wasnt shutting any one off even if 90 or 180 days late, forget which it was . we all know voom did this to inflate the sub counts, but,,,,,, i have been to homes and was setting up systems and the subs were calling friends , relatives etc telling them yeah theyre installing now, go and order!! these people have a cable drop , a dishnetwork and directv dishes all still on the house. and they have no intention of getting a hdtv. and ill be back in 6 months when they use a new cricket # to install another directv system, im not there to pass judgement, only for the $$$$$ and ill bet these subs are 20% of the total count

dragon

Believe it or not, I agree with the first part. These people were not getting shut off for non payment. But, I'm not sure if was because of the inflated sub count for investors or if it was because Voom did not have a collection dept at that time. Yes, I know for a fact that they did not have a collection dept. They do now though, 45 days late and they will not be able to upgrade services, nor will the receive any truck rolls. 80 days late and service goes out the door and will not be turned on until paid in full, no exceptions. Yeah, there are scammers out there, from both ends of the $ spectrum, we do have a fair amount of well to do people that want their service free too.

Last go-round

Lobstah said:
"but there are a lot of them that only have standard def's"

"This I really doubt. There might be a few customers out there, but I'd want to see some actual numbers to back up that statement".

(Ok, I'm sorry, you must have a chrystal ball that tells you who has hdtv and who has sdtv. I'm just going by what I hear on the phone every day. Without a survey it would be hard to prove either way.)

"Sure, some people are capable of doing their own installs, the majority are not. Hire a local tech? Does that mean if the system screws up it will be up to the cx to fix it? There goes the guaranteed service plan."

Again..."most" are incapable? This is purely subjective on your part. Why has this worked so well for other providers?

(Poor wording on my part, and I apologize to anyone that I may have offended., but, I stand by my meaning. If self installs were trouble free and that easy than there would be no reason for techs to return to a site to trouble shoot issues that the customer is having with signal loss, polarity,etc., hey!! didn't I read somewhere that someone was waiting for an ota upgrade. A free one at that. Where's self installation now?)

"No, we're not talking about adding thousands of people to the payroll, we're talking about dropping thousands from the payroll"

"Sorry...but they're not on the payroll period. They get paid by the job. JUST LIKE IF THE CUSTOMER HIRED THEM :)
If VOOM tried to do this with employees?...yes, you would be adding at least hungreds, and more likely thousands. How many techs do you need in California? New York? Texas? LOL How many installs are you going to be doing, nationwide, in a week? That model just doesn't scale, period".

(Again, poor wording on my part, let's change payroll to AP., as in, " We're dropping thousands from the ACCOUNTS PAYABLE. Techs get paid by the job JUST LIKE VOOM PAYS THEM :) Adding someone to the payroll implies that you are not releasing anyone. By replacing many of the subcontracors that Installs uses with Voom techs you would actually be reducing the numbers, not adding to them.)

"And yes, running 15' of cable and pointing the dish is pretty simple. THAT'S MY POINT :) For many installations, it amounts to running 50' of cable, and pointing the dish".

(If it's that simple then why are there so many problems that are not box related? For reasons only the techs know about, Voom is not a simple install all the time, and that's my point :)

"And I have no idea what you're talking about with this "service plan" deal...and not sure I care at this point".

(Do you even have Voom? How much are you paying for your ota upgrade? How much are you paying the tech to install it? How much do you pay to have a tech come out and check your system when you are having problems? Nothing. It's called the In Home Service Plan. It's free for the life of your account if you lease your equipment. It's two years if you purchase. Now, how would you like it if you paid this tech $150.00 plus cost of ota and only got one more local channel and the tech say's " oh well, that's the best I can do for ya". Since your paying for his time and there are no guarantees that you will get your locals, then your out that money and no better off than you were.)

"In many ways...you sound an awful lot like Dragon. Amazingly so".

(Other than the ota comment, I have not attacked you personally, so please don't compare me to Dragon or anyone else.)

"The point is, VOOM is failing miserably with installations right now. Let the people who are comfortable doing this themselves do it".

( And let the people that are not rely on "qualified" VOOM Technicians.)

Too funny. Ok...here we go again.

" hey!! didn't I read somewhere that someone was waiting for an ota upgrade. A free one at that. Where's self installation now?)"

If you've read all of my posts regarding my OTA upgrade, you probably also read the one that said I was on the verge of spending the $50 for the antenna and doing it myself. Didn't mention that little gem though, did ya? ;) See...I'm more after the antenna ;)

"Do you even have Voom? How much are you paying for your ota upgrade? How much are you paying the tech to install it? How much do you pay to have a tech come out and check your system when you are having problems?"

And my point is that I'd LOVE to be paying the tech myself. Then I wouldn't have wasted time off for no calls/no shows, and I would have been done with this :)

And btw...we both agree, somewhat, we just differ on implementation. You want the job done by "qualified" VOOM installers. Me too. The problem right now is that there are too many layers in the system...alot like healthcare/insurance. Eliminate all the stuff in the middle and you have a system that works much better than it does now.

And yes...I have VOOM...installed last Dec. What was THAT about?

Lob

again to all on this thread i am sorry for get off topic i was just trying to help some of you and Dragon decided to try to attack me as he has done in other thread i was just defending my self

again i am sorry for getting of topic.

t

dragon002 said:
first off why the hate

second, i went on / found this site about a month ago

third, i posted something about voom and vicki has been attacking ever since, my posts are the same as hers, or should be

fourth , are you a literary agent or a scholar into writing novels?? my lack there of??

fifth, i dont see staff member or moderater by your name , so why the questions??

dragon
I’ll address your issues in the order you presented them, and as best I can. My admitted primary target is the Third Item.

First...Why the hate? Not at all sure it’s hate, but if it is, you’ve deserved every ounce.

Second…this statement from you is possibly true...according to your first “stated” post on March 7th…but you are hauntingly familiar in your style…

ThirdI don’t go looking for a fight, but I don’t back down from one either, whether it concerns me, my beliefs, or people I respect. If you look at all my posts between your first post under the name dragon002 on March 7th and the time you posted this reply to me six days later http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=395693#post395693 in this thread that I started asking about channels people wanted, http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57315...you’ll see I gave you the benefit of the doubt there (my reply is #49 in that thread). However, just the tone of you first post to me had made me suspicious of you. Prior to that time I had never replied to you (and as best I can recall, never even mentioned references to anything you had posted).

After I checked other posts of yours, the next one that caught my attention was this thread that you started
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=56724.

Right after that, I saw your first post in this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57412, which jogged my memory and added to my suspicions. This last thread is a pretty short one (only 26 posts), so folks can go and read the entire history of that one “in context” and decide for themselves as to whether any attacks took place, and if so, who attacked whom. There are plenty of other posts I could refer to, including one where I had told you I’d go public with your PM comments to me if they didn’t cease. That really seemed to set you off, across lots of the other threads...a couple of which I had never posted anything in! Guess you don't like fair warning and delivery.

I’ll never complain to the mods to request that your posts about me be removed. They serve a valuable purpose…each one gives your unique fingerprint. People have only to read the threads to judge your character, agenda, ethics, motives…whatever…the same can be said for my posts…and I’ll be willing to stand the scrutiny and respond to any issues presented…not duck them like you do.

I think that I, as well as some of the others that you’ve maligned, will fare decidedly better than you will in the comparison.

Fourth...don’t know the answer to that one.

Fifth…can’t answer for the original poster, but for my part, it’s because…inquiring minds want to know.

If there’s any big bias here dragon002, I think it’s more on your part (on several different levels), than on the part of anyone else. If you persist in ducking issues and maligning me or others, I will go to Chit Chat and start a thread myself to deal with your behavior. (Or the mods can move this post there, if it's not determined to be deleted.) That’s not a threat…it’s a promise... and if I earn a vacation in doing so…well, so be it...

Vicki

vicky, et al.

first, the hate, i've deserved every ounce?? how? by getting on an open forum and pointing out vooms shortcomings? is there some rule that to be posting here that you have to love voom, sorry didn't see it in the posting rules. whoa, checked again......its not there, imagine that! some one can think some thing other than what you think, GEE this must be america!!!

second, i get tired of writing dragon002 and do just dragon!!!SO
call in arlen specter, its scottish law, im allowed the handle up top is still dragon002 again , SO FREAKIN WHAT

third, you did come looking for a fight when you told me i couldn't give a previous voom sub a directv flyer, it happens EVERY DAY, only the weak of mind would second guess themselves and if you are checking all my other posts you really don't have a life !!

fourth, you didn't understand that one??? write a PERRY MASON novel. vicki has no life so lets go home and see how we can keep voom alive and cut down the dragon , BETWEEN DRINKS, understand?!! so she has SOMEONE to talk to other than the DOG!!!

fifth, that wasn't directed at you, read the post, the post meant, is this an open forum or is meant to stifle FREE speech and promote the voom agenda, again, didn't see that in the rules.

that is about 3 minutes, vino time vic

dragon...............ok 002 just for vicki

dragon002 said:
vicky, et al.

first, the hate, i've deserved every ounce?? how? by getting on an open forum and pointing out vooms shortcomings? is there some rule that to be posting here that you have to love voom, sorry didn't see it in the posting rules. whoa, checked again......its not there, imagine that! some one can think some thing other than what you think, GEE this must be america!!!

second, i get tired of writing dragon002 and do just dragon!!!SO
call in arlen specter, its scottish law, im allowed the handle up top is still dragon002 again , SO FREAKIN WHAT

third, you did come looking for a fight when you told me i couldn't give a previous voom sub a directv flyer, it happens EVERY DAY, only the weak of mind would second guess themselves and if you are checking all my other posts you really don't have a life !!

fourth, you didn't understand that one??? write a PERRY MASON novel. vicki has no life so lets go home and see how we can keep voom alive and cut down the dragon , BETWEEN DRINKS, understand?!! so she has SOMEONE to talk to other than the DOG!!!

fifth, that wasn't directed at you, read the post, the post meant, is this an open forum or is meant to stifle FREE speech and promote the voom agenda, again, didn't see that in the rules.

that is about 3 minutes, vino time vic

dragon...............ok 002 just for vicki
First...nope...none of the above...just your credibility factors.

Second...I wasn't addressing whether or not you added 002 to your name, just when you started posting under the "dragon002" handle. And just how much of your statement may be true.

Third...first of all, I didn't tell you anything. I said I couldn't help but wonder how much you helped contribute to the factors for a "de-install" before you showed up to collect the equipment and your second service call fee, before you whipped out your flier...oh yeah, and how much you received for each flier, or whether you only got paid if you succeeded in a "conversion". What's up, dragon? Do you think people cannot read? AND that was after your "curious" reply to me a week earlier in a totally unrelated thread, which you are still conveniently ignoring. Likewise, threads in the last week or two where you've brought up my name...threads that I have never posted in!

Fourth...I was stating that I didn't know whether or not the poster you were replying to had appropriate credentials to question your "literary" abilities. I was too busy
laughing-smiley-018.gif
at the time to formulate my own reply. Actually, I don't have to apply much thought to "how to cut down the dragon", you're doing fine on your own. It's my opinion (mine alone, I do understand!), but I think that even "between drinks" I can make better sense than you do. And I know for a fact that Boomer the Beagle is much better company than you!

Fifth...NO, YOU READ the post...I never said it was directed at me...and fully understood (and referenced) the fact that it was directed to someone else. I stated that if I were to answer it, it would be because inquiring minds want to know...to help determine who to believe, we first must find a threshold of the poster's credibility...and I think most people have seen your threshold...waaaaayyy on down there. :smug

While I sincerely regret that it could cut into the "cocktail hour", I think you deserve to be the "star" you so desperately aspire to...and will spend some time to formulate a little vehicle for your appropriate "debut"...that's just as soon as Boomer and I finish giggling over your "off-off-off-broadway" antics, and I have a cocktai! :rolleyes: Vicki

vicki,
you sure do drink a lot. I'm starting to get worried. Your cheerleading is also starting to suffer as well.

GO VOOM! - Installer Scheduled to SHOW UP TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Danielle, "death watches" and "trolls" drive me right to the edge...if one believes everything one reads. Your point is well-taken about my cheerleading...I have let my duties there suffer since I got re-installed last week. It's hard to carve out time for real life, work, the forums and TV all at once. I'll try to get my priorities back in order! ;)

In the meantime, good luck with your install tomorrow, and try to unglue yourself long enough to come back and give a couple of cheers, yourself! :D Vicki

Off-topic posts deleted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts