got my dish need some help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
How would I connect the receiver to that sat scan mover
You can't. It will have to be run "Stand Alone". Push and hold it's E or W (UP - Down) button until the satellite you're "tuning in" is peaked. The Satscan will (hopefully) have a number in its display. You'll have to write them down, for easy/quick access to them later.
To have the mover operated by the FTA receiver programming, requires an actuator with a reed switch sensor. Reed switches generate pulses for feedback, not resistance(what you have there) These are compatible with a V or G Box. These can be operated by an FTA receiver.

That satscan is probably programmed with the old satellites or it doesn't matter?

Nope, there's no programming in it. Just a digital readout. Just hold a button until you want the dish to stop(release button)

Thanks what's a good receiver for that dish I want an mpeg 4 receiver. ?I have a coolsat 5000 parked at galaxy 19 but it's only mpeg2.

Fat Air- What is a warped dish?...My dish is not warped but what does that mean as far as a satellite dish goes. Do aluminum mesh dishes get warped or is it only a certain kind?

Warped means damaged. You can string test the dish once its assembled, just take some good string, like surveyor twine and stretch across the dish face, one vertical and one horizontal and pull taut. If the strings touch in the middle then you have a pretty good dish surface. If they don't , you can possibly adjust the dish-petals by loosening and re-tightening. Did you get the pipe to mount the dish on?

I've been using one of those CM boxes on my old 10' CM solid, its been fine, as the others have said, no programming, you have to make a note of the position of each sat on a list, and keep it handy for reference. I used sprinkler wire to wire mine up, and it works fine.

Nice dish and setup, get you a good receiver and you will be good for most signals. :D

I have the feedhorn assembly, but now i Need an lnb. What lnb is good fro both c/ku signals?..I dont want to go crazy on price but I want something decent, also does the lnb connect to the feedhorn?..probably a stupid question

I haven't looked back at your pics just yet but have you looked at the feedhorn to see if its there? The lnb, if its the older, lnb-type will be bolted to the feedhorn. If you have the newer lnbf version, it is feedhorn/lnb all in one piece, it could be single or dual-output (dual is nice). And it could be both c and ku, if its lnbf .

If there's three little wires(Red/Black/White)coming out of a little blue box on the feed horn, it's servo operated for polarity. Not many FTA receivers can operate them. Old Pansat models and their new HDX9500 are the only models I know of that will run them. Those or an old analog receiver will operate the servo
There was, a while back, someone selling a box on ebay that would monitor the LNBF voltage from the receiver and operate the servo automatically. (Simulating an LNBF)
ALL FTA receivers will operate a new LNBF. No servo. Polarity selection via voltage.
Dual band LNBF's BSC621 or the 741 CKU LNBF. C band only: BSC241(I have this on my BUD), ESX241, SatelliteAV's C1 or the dual output C2. Hope I didn't forget a model/line. Will have to find out from others how that dish performs on Ku. (personally, I'm of the opinion the dual band LNBF are compromising performance to get both bands. But many find them satisfactory with diligent tweaking.)
Then later, if/when you get seriouslly addicted, for utmost performance put an orthomode feed on it.(Too pricey for me)

I have some pics of it let me know my options can I keep it for cband only or should I buy a new lnb?..thanks

Attachments

• image-3053243565.jpg
    image-3053243565.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2329765134.jpg
    image-2329765134.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1231717669.jpg
    image-1231717669.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3090299991.jpg
    image-3090299991.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3131919210.jpg
    image-3131919210.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2539693880.jpg
    image-2539693880.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image-4100801088.jpg
    image-4100801088.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2344358403.jpg
    image-2344358403.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 108
OMG. I've only seen two of those before. Called a polorizer. Can't remember exactly the voltage, but think it was 12vdc. red + black - = one polarity. red-, and black + = the opposite polarity.
There's nothing available today to run it, so I would purchase a new LNBF.
The dish is unknown to me. How big are the holes? If in an area of 1 sq inch there's more metal surface than hole, it may work well for Ku along with C band.

Yeah fat air the dish can do both bands it says that in the instruction manual. What kind of lnbf do you suggest?

That would be a fun C-band only feed to play with if you like tinkering with control circuitry. If you just want Plug and Play with a C/Ku LNBF, the WS International 741 CKU LNBF is a reasonable choice.

The only suggestions I can make are "for Dual band (C and Ku) LNBF's are either a BSC621 or the 741 CKU LNBF. For C band only a BSC241(I have this on my BUD), the ESX241 or SatelliteAV's C1 or the dual output C2" If you ask for a recommendation, I think it's "up in the air" as each will have positive and negative recommendations. I personally think most are pretty equal, in the end.

It seems like nobody in my area does or even wants to do a c-band install. I call companies up and they talk to me like what c-band no way lol. I guess nobody wants to get involved with it anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)