got my dish need some help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It seems like nobody in my area does or even wants to do a c-band install. I call companies up and they talk to me like what c-band no way lol. I guess nobody wants to get involved with it anymore.

At least it sounds like they know what C band is. I was at a used electronics shop in Erie a week or so ago hoping to find a 4DTV receiver. When I walked in both the workers said that they buy and sell everything electronic. After explaining what a C band dish and receiver is...
they pointed me to a wifi router!!! :facepalm

I'd go for a new lnbf, that doesn't look like anything I've seen in 20yrs. The very first feedhorn I had was something similar to it, think they called it Polarotor1, like fatair described. The probe in the feedhorn just spins around and around, the polarity was changed by the voltage reversing. I made a little 9v battery box to control it for awhile, none of my receivers back then would work it right. Then I tossed it for a real feed and lnb, lol.

Being that i just purchased a new lnbf I can throw that old feedhorn away correct?..Does the lnbf have anything to do with the motor?

I just bought this one hopefully I got the right one

[h=1]BSC621-2D Dedicated C/Ku Band Satellite Dish LNB LNBF C-Band Ku-Band Combo[/h]

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)