Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Hey gang, got my HDD200 today. To hook it up do I just use that digital cable that came with it to my 920? And does that then pass all audio and video, requiring me to only output via the HDD200?

Also, are there are free HD feeds I can try it out on to make sure it's working?

Can't help with the cabling, but you should be able to get WealthHD on G9 601 ( I think that's the sat) and there's also an HD PBS on T5.

Mike

Congrats madpoet!!!!!!

madpoet said:
Hey gang, got my HDD200 today. To hook it up do I just use that digital cable that came with it to my 920? And does that then pass all audio and video, requiring me to only output via the HDD200?
This is good news for you. That's an interesting question. I think the answer is more of a "to each his own". I had the digital only cable hooked to my 920 and had the 920 hooked to composite on the tv and the HDD200 to the component on the tv with the HDD200 rca audio jacks hooked with the component audio in. As my tv has no digital audio input.
Now I have the 920 composite going to the HDD200 with the digital cable. And the HDD200 going to a component input as well as a digital audio input on my Denon receiver. It works great except I get no audio on non digital audio channels. So I split the composite output from the 920 to a separate input on the Denon. There has to be a better way, I just don't know what it is.

madpoet said:
Also, are there are free HD feeds I can try it out on to make sure it's working?
The one that comes to mind is Nebraska PBS HD on channel 603 on T5 (IA5).

Al

Edit: I can't receive Wealth TV. I think it's a 920 vs. 922 issue. There are some channels the 920 won't get that a 922 would. I think Wealth TV is one of them. Also I have been getting Discovery HD Theatre on C4 channel 600 ITC. I do have subscriptions for some channels. I don't subscribe to it, but I'm getting it. Maybe you can to.

Last edited:
So the HD200 will only output digital audio? Nothing from the analog stations? I was hoping that the connection between the units would carry both analog and digital audio and video.

No, I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I think I don't I have it hooked up right. I'm only using the digital audio out on the HDD200. I'm sure if I used the analog audio out it would work fine. Did you get a manual with it. The manual shows the inputs and outputs on the back panel for it. It also shows a couple of "common" connection diagrams.

Al

Edit: I actually bought an audio cable for it, but have never used it. The way I'm set-up, I don't really need it. But, I wouldn't have to change my selector on my Denon, if I used it. That would makes things more simpler. When I get a few minutes extra, I will hook it up. Should have done this long ago. Thanks madpoet for putting a burrrr in my arse.

Last edited:
hdd2-- cable

madpoet said:

There should have been a cable that came with the hdd200.....D-connector on one end and a 1/8" plug on the other. the D connector goes to the 4dtv and little 1/8" plug goes into the hdd200...You can also hook up the analog audio out to your receiver if you have trouble with analog sound.
Maybe I misunderstood the question?

Also Neb education has an HD channel on T5 in the clear. The only problem is that the "Starz bug" in the Hdd200 apparently only shows when coupled with the 922, so if you ever upgrade, you will not know until then!
Jeff ...enjoy that new puppy...they are great!

Last edited:
Ok, all plugged in and think I understand it better now ;). Thanks for the help guys. BTW, anyone want the credit when I call NPS and sub? Not sure what they give you, just noticed that they have a refer a friend program.

That is wierd...

madpoet said:
Ok, all plugged in and think I understand it better now ;). Thanks for the help guys. BTW, anyone want the credit when I call NPS and sub? Not sure what they give you, just noticed that they have a refer a friend program.

Usually they give the credit to the one referring! I will be dumping Superstar later this month and will go to NPS for my Starz...if it would help you, I will use you as t
he referrer! PM me if you wish
Regards
jeff

madpoet said:

Be sure to ask for John Ferguson when you call in. He's the guy everyone on the 4dtv forum recommends, and he's put together some good deals for me too.

Whoops...GF did it already!

iammike said:
Be sure to ask for John Ferguson when you call in. He's the guy everyone on the 4dtv forum recommends, and he's put together some good deals for me too.

Sorry about that...Unknown to me the Girlfriend already did a deal with NPS! She said she tried for Mr. Furgeson (as I told her about the forum) but that he was busy. At least she mentioned Satellite Guys to the rep!!!:D

Geez, I thought she hated my Dish....First i thought it was just a nice present...then I found her playing with the BUD and surfing the different birds!!!! I guess she watched me enough to figure out the moving etc. Now the truth is OUT!!!! She admitted to liking 4DTV better than pizza!!!:D

Jeff

madpoet said:
Better than pizza? Heresay!

You need to do a side by side comparison (Pizza vs. 4dtv) on DiscoveryHD.
I think you will find the 4dtv pic clearer(The DISHNET version contains fuzz that the 4DTV version does not. Look closely you'll see it. Also I have compared DISHHD
to 4DTV HBO watching the movie SHARKTALE and again the 4DTV version looked clearer(No FUZZ) I would like to compare HDNET but as you know its not possible.

Oh... heh. See, I thought you actually meant a real pizza ;). I don't care how good HD is, it's not better than pizza!

madpoet said:
Oh... heh. See, I thought you actually meant a real pizza ;). I don't care how good HD is, it's not better than pizza!

Okay, Now I feel like a fool:)
I thought you your saying 4DTV HD (what little we have) was inferior or equal to what you can get on Little dish systems(Pizza)
And like I said in my post I would have to disagree to your statement. But if you were talking about cheese Pizza with pepperoni and ect.... then I guess I should not have responded to your post.
By the way what HD channels have you subscribed to so far? And also did the new Galaxy 15 (G1) help out your quality levels on that particular Satellite?Can you lock the HBO's?

Haven't subscribed yet ;). Getting my HDD200 mod'd with the R5000 mod and then I will. Just enjoying the free stuff so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.