got my install today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
new genie 44 and 2 minis. moved tv room DVr 22 to bedroom. new dish swm with single line. all boxes see eatch other. the dtv tech was nice and worked well with me helping. over all the whole home install went very good.

thanks to all that helped me with my questions on the forum.

Tom

ps -
any hints tips or estereggs on the genie please let me know.

directv is this good?

ok I don't have a aluminum foul hat on.
and no conspiracy intent.

but....

is it possible for dtv to send better signal to my receivers? or am I just getting better signal from my dish?

I ran new rg6 to 2 rooms that got the DVrs hr22 (older one I had) and a genie44 ( new) . the other 2 rooms got minis. the rooms with the minis have small 22" TVs, room 1 has a 55" Sony room 2 has a 200$ 32 inch.

playing with all the TVs tonight I noticed how the picture on all TVs is just amazing sharper and crisper then I have ever seen before especially on the 55 sony.

I have never seen a picture quality so good.

same settings on all TVs from before upgrade.

I did get a new swm dish today.

is it the dish? I don't believe it's the cables. or am I getting a jacked up feed?

not accusing, I like the looks of things right now, but what made such a improvment?

old dish was a 5lnb square shape.

t

ok I don't have a aluminum foul hat on.
and no conspiracy intent.

but....

is it possible for dtv to send better signal to my receivers? or am I just getting better signal from my dish?

I ran new rg6 to 2 rooms that got the DVrs hr22 (older one I had) and a genie44 ( new) . the other 2 rooms got minis. the rooms with the minis have small 22" TVs, room 1 has a 55" Sony room 2 has a 200$ 32 inch.

playing with all the TVs tonight I noticed how the picture on all TVs is just amazing sharper and crisper then I have ever seen before especially on the 55 sony.

I have never seen a picture quality so good.

same settings on all TVs from before upgrade.

I did get a new swm dish today.

is it the dish? I don't believe it's the cables. or am I getting a jacked up feed?

not accusing, I like the looks of things right now, but what made such a improvment?

old dish was a 5lnb square shape.

t

In theory either it works or it does not. Poor alignment only allows loss of signal earlier in bad weather but has no effect on PQ. If there is an improvement do not mess with it.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)