Got my LNB replaced today, was running fine, now it wont work...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same deal this morning! Didnt work, checked back thirty minutes later, worked great. Wonder if the connection just isnt tight at the lnb or something.

I certainly would have a spare LNBF on hand when the installer returns. If it is defective and you don't have a replacement, will he return a third time without a trip charge? Might be the least expensive option!

Thats a good point. I'll see if I can order another one from eBay as there are none available near me. I'll be disappointed if the lnb is bad, though, i will say that!

Question: is there any good way to narrow down the LNB as being the culprit in circumstances like these?

Yep!

Replace it with another one that you know is good, and see if it works. Short of owning some expensive test equipment, that's about the only and best way...

Ha! Hopefully they'll let me return it if the first one turns out to be good. The installer will probably go nuts and charge me another $90, which also sucks. And now this whole thing that should have cost me about $150 will end up costing me damn near $350. Sucks.

Does this even sound like it could be an LNB issue? It almost sounds like a wire issue to me, which the tech suggested. I'll try changing the wire from the wall to the box, but will have to wait to replace the wire from the LNB to the wall.

Ha! Hopefully they'll let me return it if the first one turns out to be good. The installer will probably go nuts and charge me another $90, which also sucks. And now this whole thing that should have cost me about $150 will end up costing me damn near $350. Sucks.

Does this even sound like it could be an LNB issue? It almost sounds like a wire issue to me, which the tech suggested. I'll try changing the wire from the wall to the box, but will have to wait to replace the wire from the LNB to the wall.

It can be hard to guess without being there. If it was ME, I'd run a brand-new coax all the way to the lnb, and screw it in right on the lnb.

If that still didn't work, that pretty much guarantees 100% it's a bad lnb.

However, are you quite SURE you have the settings set correctly in the MicroHD's menu? I don't remember seeing a post where you lay out your settings in that menu exactly...

MENU - Installation - Antenna Setup - Motor / Switch setting - LNB Lo = 10750

DiSEqC 1.0 = Disable (no switch, right?) DiSEqC 1.1 = Disable

22k = OFF

Motor Type = None (no motor, right?)

So, the same thing is still happening. Seems a little worse to be honest. I really wonder if it isnt the LNB, though, even though that would be rare. It seems like if I turn it on and leave it on, it will work after a while, but doesnt ever seem to work when i turn it on initially. I'll try to contact the eBay seller and see what they say, I guess, though its been a long time at this point.

One month later, no equipment has been changed, no tech call and still doing the same thing? Yep, time to try something... :D

Agreed, the longer that this is put off, the more likely the equipment wont be swapped or the tech to return... Hurry!!!! :)

One month later, no equipment has been changed, no tech call and still doing the same thing? Yep, time to try something... :D

Agreed, the longer that this is put off, the more likely the equipment wont be swapped or the tech to return... Hurry!!!! :)

LOL! I did update with a pattern I noticed! I bought the LNB about a year before I bought it, so it was old even a month ago. I contacted the tech but he never came out. I'll message him again tomorrow or whenever I get time this week.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)