Got my locals today! 39503-Misled by reps...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

youngbloodz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Well, had the installer come out today and install the 2nd dish for my locals. I'm telling you I called DTV 3 times to confirm this and they said ALL of my receivers would be swapped out so I could view the local channels (I have the standard D12, non mpeg 4 compatible)...The installer gets here and tells me they were wrong, and it is only 1 free receiver, and I would have to pay for the rest (99 per receiver *4 + 12 month extension).

Not too mad, I'm just wondering why is this? Should I complain or anything or should I just let it be?

Also, another question. I was looking at my bill....and it still says LEASED RECEIVER FEE, I've been a customer for 3 years, shouldn't I own the receiver by now?

Last edited:
they are for ever a lease. you will never own them not even if you kept the same ones for 10+ years... not like owning them would save you any money.

they are for ever a lease. you will never own them not even if you kept the same ones for 10+ years... not like owning them would save you any money.
Would you give an answer to his first question about the receivers? Should the extra receivers have been free (per CSR's) or $99 (per installer)?

I figured I'd just throw the second ? in there....thanks for the reply!

What should I do about the first issue?

Would you give an answer to his first question about the receivers? Should the extra receivers have been free (per CSR's) or $99 (per installer)?

first one is free. if he is in a mpeg 4 market then it not 99 dollars and hd box would be 69 but it cant be ordered as an hd box but a sd box and our order system order hd do to locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts