Got my motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Instead of fooling around with extra dishes, switches, diseqcs, multiple LNBs, etc, I decided to invest on an SG 2100 motor on ebay.
I just got it and read the instructions.
These instructions tell you how to mount the dish, but are not very clear about how to set the correct angle.
The instructions say to locate my true south (G10R) and to look at the table in the booklet for the correct elevation and declination. This is where I get lost. My latitude is 49.
My dish is currently set to about 33 degrees , but if I use the table, it tells me to use:

Elevation: 41
Declination: 7.2
Dish Bracket angle: 22.9
It also tells me to set the dish elevation to 30-declination angle.

How does this all add up?

What do I set the mounting bracket elevation to? and also what do I set the dish elevation to?

Thanks,

One more thing, I have a SC oval 32' dish with 2 linear Lnbs (only using one)and one circular DTV lnb strapped to it and connected to the linear lnb thru a 2x2 switch that came with the dish. This setup allows me to watch G10R TP 11800. I only get 11720 when it's sunny. I also get GolTV perfectly.

The question is: How will all this work with the motor?
The instruction booklet for the motor says nothing about settings on the receiver.

Thanks

Looks like a Dish Elevation of 23 deg.

Motor Elevation of 41 deg.
(Watch out as one side of the motor is marked Latitude and the other is Elevation!)

Not too sure how the double LNB will work with a motor. Usually there is just one LNB right in the middle to set up the arc properly (then other LNB's could be added) But the main KU LNB has to be in the middle!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)