Got the new guide last night... YUCK!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Looks like Verizon pushed the new guide last night. It's pretty horrible from a useage standpoint. Everything seems slower. Page Up/Down are no longer useful. Can't delete channels from the program guide. Very slow VOD browsing.

It's like going back to Comcast's SA8300 all over again.

I can't believe they took away features on this guide. No more page up/down for anything other than the program listings. Used to be able to quickly browse VOD using PU/PD, but no more.

Any idea when the next version will come out to fix these issues???

-John

Ugh, trying to add favorites, and if you add TNT, it automatically adds the La Connection version of TNT.

PURE CRAP.

AAGH -- they got rid of the episode names!!!!! Now I have a dozen House episodes with no names, just description.

-John

I will keep this updated. Please feel free to post more missing features if you find them. :)

UPDATED MISSING FEATURES/BUGS:
-Can't view program listings for just one channel
-DVR software uses significantly more hard drive space than before. (about 40% less usable disc space)
-Favorites don't work (Adding TNT adds TNT Spanish)
-Can't delete channels from the program guide
-Page Up/Down doesn't work with Search, and Favorites guide
-Favorites guide starts up at Ch 7, not current channel
-Series recordings only work on a specified timeslot, no option for "any time on this channel"

Last edited:
I got the new guide last night and have noticed the same things. The major annoyance is the I can't remove unwanted channels from the guide. Sure, I can add a list of favorite channels, but it won't display all of them in the guide. How could they not have known that I would want to remove all the religion, shopping, and women's channels?! I'm hoping for an update soon.

I got the new guide last night and have noticed the same things. The major annoyance is the I can't remove unwanted channels from the guide. Sure, I can add a list of favorite channels, but it won't display all of them in the guide. How could they not have known that I would want to remove all the religion, shopping, and women's channels?! I'm hoping for an update soon.

It must have been a conspiracy. The Women For Home Shopping With Jesus have organized and infilterated the programmers realm at Fios and removed any ability to hide their programming.:eek:

Im not getting used to the new guide. I see nothing but bad things from my couch. What could they have done to make an improvement:

-made the guide wider to take advantage of 16:9 screens. It would be nice to see about 2 hours of programming without having to use the directional button to the right.

-should have looked at the transparent guide before they called it transparent.

-find a way to save user settings. you have to redo your favorites list when they update the guide or reset your box

-Why does the Favorites guide start on ch 54 if I am watching say 801?

-the magnified channel on the guide is sooooo wrong. I cant see any other channel. my eyes are stuck on the magnified one.

-page up down function seems to work intermittently.

-Make an RF remote instead of IR. I literally have to use my remote like a gangster uses his glock in order to change channels. And I refuse to use an IR repeater, I need no more gadgets in my life.

Agree with all that's been said so far about the new guide. I've always felt that upgrade meant you build on the things that worked and not take the good things away. Aside from the questionably more aesthetic look, I don't see any major improvements. We actually lost functionality with this "upgrade".

One positive thing I've noticed is that the skip forward and backward functions of the DVR are much quicker now.

I agree that the magnified line in the middle is a complete distraction. The only way that's helpful is if you go line-by-line in the guide instead of page-by-page, but who does that?

There's a lot to like about FiOS TV, but all in all I MISS MY DTV TiVo!!!

(See my rant posted elsewhere in this forum about the DVR and its problems.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)