Got this today for $50

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Went and asked about this antenna that I had been watching. The guy said he did not use it and it had been there a long time.

He asked $50 and I said sold. I pick it up next Saturday.

It is either a Channel Master 4250 or 4251 - - - I'm sure which yet as I could not measure it. :)

Attachments

• CM4251-I-Think.jpg
    CM4251-I-Think.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 637
  • CM4251-View2.jpg
    CM4251-View2.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 529
That looks like a really nice CM-4250 Parabolic UHF antenna along with VHF antenna that may or may not be worth keeping. The Channel Master parabolic antennas disappeared from the market when the company was sold and someone threw-out the castings. They are a hot commodity among people who are looking for reliable deep fringe reception. At one time I almost paid close to $1000 for a parabolic antenna from a company in Canada, but decided to stick with my CM-4228s.

Me too would love one of those. All stations here are close to and over a hundred miles away.

With rust all over the steel joints connecting the (presumably) aluminum parts? It will probably still work, but it looks to me to be in pretty bad condition.

With rust all over the steel joints connecting the (presumably) aluminum parts? It will probably still work, but it looks to me to be in pretty bad condition.

Pictures aren't goo enough to tell much. All the elements are there and undamaged. It isn't that tough to clean these up. A few new nuts, some steel wool, possibly some wd-40 and some elbow grease. Been there, done that.

Went and asked about this antenna that I had been watching. The guy said he did not use it and it had been there a long time.

He asked $50 and I said sold. I pick it up next Saturday.

It is either a Channel Master 4250 or 4251 - - - I'm sure which yet as I could not measure it. :)

Holy $***...50$? Nice score mate. Yep its a 4251 CM. Its widely considered as the "mother" of all UHF antennas. Fact you got it for 50$... the original owner had no clue what was above his head.
Please let us know how she performs when you have it installed.

Cheers, K

Sweet find! Congratulations on scoring one of the best consumer UHF antennas available.

I have scored some real great stuff through the years because others couldn't see past the surface cosmetics that are easily restored!

Last edited:
That is a beast!I wanna know the results after you get it hooked up.

ps.
Be safe taking it down.

If there's any plastics on that antenna, be VERY careful handling them! Antenna plastics are notorious for getting very brittle with age. Even a little flexing is enough to snap them. You can make replacements, but it's better not to have to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts