Gotta Cancel VOOM!! On principle Only...

Sean, Voom, or whoever,

I am a strong proponent for a Installs Inc replacement, cmercer's point is true, Voom rely's on what Installs Inc tells them, and most of the time Installs Inc is clueless. I've seen the service ticket that Install Inc sends out to the incompetent techs if you called for a new OTA antenna their ticket says: "OTA reception problem" there's no history, the tech has no clue that the call is to UPGRADE the antenna this is causing lots of disgruntled people.

mattyro,

I know you posted in another thread that you got the box swapped. Who ultimately came to the rescue -- VOOM Crs, Local Installer, Installs Inc, or Wilt.

Hey everbody-thanks for everything--To state the facts--I emailed Wilt and I had a guy at my house by 1030am today. A nice shiny new box and... ESPNHD still cant be watched. Forum folks think its my install--tech thinks it will fix itself with downloads!! luckily I get ESPNHD thru Comcast and DIsh as well. I will not give up on VOOM--its tru , if u have a HD set, VOOM is the only company out there giving it something to show you.

mattyro,

Glad to hear that Wilt is still helping each and every one that needs him in such a timely manner. Thank you, Wilt. Whatever VOOM is paying you, it's probably not nearly enough!

Oh dont listen to what everyone else is saying . Just cancel your Voom now and save yourself the frustration.

Besides you'll be canceling in a couple of months anyway (along with every other Voomer) when Directv has those 20+ HD channels.

So stop dilly dallying and get on the phone, Pick up an HD Tivo from Circuit City, grab a pizza and say Hello to your new friend Rupert.

mattyro, the techs are lazy fools sometimes they get money per call... do not let them leave you're house it is NOT the firmware, as stated in the other threads. is the coax cabling they are using old? it could be that the LNB got friend in the T-storm by your house, it could also be the diplexer is gone... they need to get to your house and not leave until they figure out why the STB isn't powering the LNB correctly.

I agree, Wilt has been invaluable for many of us to get past the csr bs. He doesn't have to do it, but I'm sure he does it because he also wants Voom to succeed.

I had a billing issue, called voom and the csr's said they would correct the problem and refund my cc in 6-8 weeks and they would call back within 72hrs. I checked the online billing again about 5 days later and still nothing had happened. I called again and they again said someone from billing would call in 48hrs. Never happened.

Although I hated to bother Wilt with this issue, I decided to email him and see if he could be of some assistance. About 12 hours later I received a call from voom saying they received my email and continually apologized for such poor csr service. They refunded my credit card in full that week, and gave me that month free.

I really like voom, I love the amount of HD channels I receive, the PQ is getting better. The price is about what I was paying for digital cable, and the sd quality is far better than what I was getting from cable on the lower analog channels.

Does Voom have issues? Sure it does. But it's nothing I can't live with while they work on those issues.