Grab your video Camera and dish it out!

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customercare/newsletter/index.shtml

We are looking for DISH Network customers and their families who can star in their own video testimonial by telling us their favorite DISH Network story. No acting experience necessary- we are simply looking for “real people” who can tell America in their own words, what they like about DISH Network. Best of all, if your video is selected, it will air LIVE on the Charlie Chat show on Channel 101, celebrating DISH Network's 10th Anniversary on March 13th at 7pm Mountain Standard Time. Even better, if selected, you will receive one free month of programming! And just for participating with a qualifying video, you'll get a $10 DISH Network Certificate.

"real people" or real people who get screwed by the lies. They should give out lifetime programming to someone who can make it look more professional than the Charlie Chat :).

I don't think my family would qualify to be on a Charlie Chat since we have all of our teeth and IQs above 75. Hell, I don't even think we qualify for the $10 Dish Network Certificate.:rolleyes:

And the winning video is...the family who figured out how to use their remote control.:D

so you get: you will receive one free month of programming! And just for participating with a qualifying video, you'll get a $10 DISH Network Certificate.

and DISH gets MILLIONS in free advertising?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Charlie Crap

I don't believe they would show what I have to say about Dish on the Charlie Crap. :mad:

You know $10 for 30 Secs of video this might not be a horrible deal. And you can upload your video via FTP.

I was thinking of a script something like:

Me: Wow I really wish I could watch DishHD on a new Vip622, but all I got was this empty box

Pans to empty box with kids playing in it

Pans back to me: Congratulations, DISH Network on delivering great entertainment for 10 years.”

Last edited:
Gave me an idea.

Me In LivingRoom: Wow, I really love this Dish programming that I pay over $100 a month for.

Wife in bedroom: Wow, I really love this Dish programming too!

Cell Phone Rings....

Ahh, It's the wonderful Dish Network Audit Team. :)

From what I hear, There needs to be an instructional video on how to deal with them.

I could record the EPG screen from my 942, showing the missing channels from VOOM, ESPN2, and Universal HD. Then I could pan over to me and I could talk about how Dish leased me a receiver and two months later prevented me from getting the new channels unless I paid another $300 and accepted a 33% rate hike on the HD channels.

Perhaps if I explain all of this in a very nice way and in a pleasant voice, they would show my video.

Tom Bombadil said:
I could record the EPG screen from my 942, showing the missing channels from VOOM, ESPN2, and Universal HD. Then I could pan over to me and I could talk about how Dish leased me a receiver and two months later prevented me from getting the new channels unless I paid another $300 and accepted a 33% rate hike on the HD channels.

Perhaps if I explain all of this in a very nice way and in a pleasant voice, they would show my video.
Send it along just so you can receive your $10 Dish Network Certificate for the purchase a $699 receiver.:eek:

did anyone actually send one in?

they showed some videos, but they looked to be produced by dish

Hey I figured for $10 i'd take my digital camera and upload something to the ftp. But yea all the videos they showed looked DISH produced. Which makes me wonder if anyone won their promotion. And if no one won then thats kinda a bate and switch isnt it?

avediswolf said:
Gave me an idea.

Me In LivingRoom: Wow, I really love this Dish programming that I pay over $100 a month for.

Wife in bedroom: Wow, I really love this Dish programming too!

Cell Phone Rings....

Ahh, It's the wonderful Dish Network Audit Team. :)

From what I hear, There needs to be an instructional video on how to deal with them.
thats is classic, too bad i dont have a video camera or a regular camera, im sure chuck would love to see my submission video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)