Great moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were still blaming it on the IR keyboard on your HP TouchSmart?;)
Nope I stopped using the keyboard which came with that machine and now use a BlueTooth Keyboard as well. Works MUCH better then the crappy keyboard that came with the Touchsmart. :)

How so ?? I do see one grammar mistake, a missing comma after "Wow". Hell, at least he used "their" properly !

Due to the way I power read/skim, I skip over posts without proper capitalization; all caps, no caps, etc. It's too hard to pick out the sentence contents without the ability to quickly see at a glance where the sentence starts and stops.

My dad was a disgruntled English professor at Wayne State University so I was frequently beaten with a 15 pound copy of the Old Oxford English Dictionary until he went to work as an Investment Analyst.:shh

Seriously, I don't think too many folks here get bent-of-shape when forming a sentence using a dangling participle or when ending one with a preposition. However, one-hundred word run-on sentences, run-on paragraphs that fill pages, and complete disregarding for punctuation are fair game for correction since they are painful to read.

In this case, I feel the moderator conducted himself in a gentlemanly and helpful manner. Perhaps it would have been better to send a friendly PM, but there is certainly nothing outrageous or unusual about his post.;)

Now he's deleted posts without informing the person why they were deleted, I was posting a free preview for D* (which I have done a dozen tiems before), and the post kept getting deleted form some reason, I thought it was the cache acting up again, checked my msgs to see if I was being warned or somethnig, but nothing, it turns it its icedturkey deleting the post because he did not want me posting about it, because he had mentioned it (without a proper topic about it at the time), I say that because he would not tell me until 3days and 5 reposts later that he had updated his post (and deleted mine) to reflect the preview, which would have been fine, if he had simply told me this from the get go, instead he played secret delete, makes me wonder how many other posts he deletes without telling anyone, obviously a mod on a power trip, he feels that the user has no right to know why their post is deleted, and that the user is not important enough, way to show professionalism.

Were you posting just a link with no content in your message? If you were I'd delete them too. Links are perfectly fine but you also need to give a few sentences to get the discussion started here.

Were you posting just a link with no content in your message? If you were I'd delete them too. Links are perfectly fine but you also need to give a few sentences to get the discussion started here.

No, it was the full text.

I never post the links to the newsletters because they are related to my account. dfergie knows how I post free previews.

Again this is not about them being deleted, it is about not letting me know that it has, and why it has been deleted (like he finally did 3 days later, a message which talks to me like a dog, btw) so I don't think it's on my end.

I think you got a new mod (it seems you recruited from dbstalk), and he's on a power trip, figuring we are not worth his time to explain things to, if that is the direction this site is going to, it won't be a good thing.

Last edited:
the information damaged posted was already contained in another thread on the same directv forum. when i deleted the first post, i left a message to this fact. in fact, i even changed the thread title to reflect it contained addition information about the total choice extra sneak preview. i even merged threads.

BTW: in the tennis channel sneak preview/also containes info about total choice extra preview, moonman's post contains a link to the info about the preview.

BTW: in the tennis channel sneak preview/also containes info about total choice extra preview, moonman's post contains a link to the info about the preview.

until you said "tennis channel" I did not see it. I guess alot of poeple probably skim the thread names so I saw Tennis and skipped over. Damaged's post on the actual item I did see :)

i understand berg.....that's why i changed the thread title hoping people would notice. and moonman's post did have the link to the info...damaged did not have a link. because i moved a post to the tennis thread from someone wanting to know which channels the preview entailed.

I think you got a new mod (it seems you recruited from dbstalk), and he's on a power trip...
That's what I alluded to back in post # 8. Maybe it's just me, but I'd think a "new" mod would go slow at first, feeling things out, even asking other mods for advice before doing things like deleting posts, but hey, that's just me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)