Great site- quick question. i have non swm sl5,1 h24 with bbc, with the 4 coax outs what do I need

Status
Please reply by conversation.
(a) 1 hd box, or (b)1 hddvr, or (c) 1hd box and ur existing hddvr,

with your existing dish setup as described, being nonswm, you would need

(a) 1 line from dish to box
(b) 2 lines from dish to box
(c) 3 lines from dish, 1 to hd box, 2 to hddvr.

Op,
Do your self a favor, run all 4 lines down from the dish to a ground block, and then run your recvr lines from there
1. It gets everything Grounded
2. It gives you easier acess to add other recvrs in the future.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

The 4 coax outputs on the lnb bracket, are you saying all I have to do is run an rg6 cable from 1 of them to the bbc then into the h24 hd box. I was under the impression that the 4 coax outputs were just individual lnbs that needed to grouped in a multi switch, then out routed to receivers. Dont get me wrong, I hope Im wrong and dont need to buy a splitter or swm or whatever its called by zinwell. really appreciate the replies guys

The 4 coax outputs on the lnb bracket, are you saying all I have to do is run an rg6 cable from 1 of them to the bbc then into the h24 hd box. I was under the impression that the 4 coax outputs were just individual lnbs that needed to grouped in a multi switch, then out routed to receivers. Dont get me wrong, I hope Im wrong and dont need to buy a splitter or swm or whatever its called by zinwell. really appreciate the replies guys
All you have to do is run one wire from the lnb to your H24 receiver. The four coax outputs are separate outputs and don't need to be grouped.

There is a multi-switch built in. An external switch is only required when you have more than four satellite tuners total.

If all you are trying to do is run 1 HD receiver, then run a a single coax from the LNB to receiver.
Don't worry about the other 3 ports.

I agree with kj. Unless you plan on adding receivers soon just use one cable from the LNB to the BBC. Hook BBC into receiver and be done :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)