great...so far

Ben Causey

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
Fort Worth, Texas 76179
This past Thursday (12-9-04) my Voom was installed. Everything works perfectly now, but it didn't at first. The installer told me to wait about 45 min. for info. to download, and I wouldn't get lockups. Well, there were lots of channels that caused lockups. I called Voom, and they said to reboot and wait over-night with the box in standby mode - that didn't work. So, long story short, after 3 days, everything finally works - no more lockups, popping sounds, and lack of guide info. I know this has happened to lots of others and I just wanted to let the new users know that it may take a few days of patience. Anyway, the picture is fantastic - on some channels better than fantastic. The SD channels are better than what I experienced with digital cable. Here's a list of what I'd liked changed (in a perfect world):
*I'd like the "favorites" and "HD only" guides to show the channel I'm on when I go to them, respectively- for some reason only in "all channels" does it work right.
*I'd LOVE better (up to date) movie selection in the HD cinema channels

On the other hand,there are too many good things to mention. When I saw the picture on certain shows on the HD channels, I new I'd made a good decision and all my complaints seemed unimportant (except for better movie selection).
By the way, I'm in Fort Worth, TX and getting GREAT OTA reception.

Are you still on your orig bix? Sounds like all it needed was the new software (which fixes alot of the problems)... I agree on the "the box needs to remember what channel it was on when you go to fav's and HD, but I hear these features are being added).

As for the movie channels I agree we need alot of the newer movies (even if they arent great, 2000 and newer B movies would suit me fine mixed in with the classic stuff)....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)