Greatest Mets Statistic (and possibly greatest baseball statistic)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I am a die hard Mets fan as some of you may know, and have been in mourning since the winter meetings ended. I seriously believe its time the Wilpon family relinquish the team and move on. Why? How is this for the best statistic not only in Mets history, but maybe in baseball history as well:

The two highest paid outfielders this season "on" the Mets are Bobby Bonilla and Jason Bay.

Excuse me now as I go hang myself!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Leave it to the Mets, right? Pathetic. We didnt get anybody. I dont see how a 75 win season would not be considered great for this team. Too many what if's on this team.

They shouldn't have crippled themselves in the past to try for a great season when it didn't happen and now they are paying for it.

They shouldn't have crippled themselves in the past to try for a great season when it didn't happen and now they are paying for it.

Yes and no . . . don't forget there was a time when we had one of the most anticipated rotations with the likes of Isringhausen, Pelfrey, Pulsipher, Wilson, etc. and yet not one of them panned out. Ironically, that's what separates baseball from other sports. Nonetheless, you are correct that recent deals in which they unrealistically eyed a pennant as opposed to a long term plan has kicked them in their assess.

I also just found our that the Wilpons are bankrupt and within two years they will be forced by MLB to sell their ownership . . yeah!!!!

Is that true that the Wilpons are bankrupt?? I didnt really have a problem with what the Mets did over the years. They were trying to compete and let's face it, at the time the Mets needed stars for the attendance. Remember when Piazza came here? Attendance skyrocketed. Samething when Pedro came here and Santana came here. When you have to compete with a team like the Yankees, you need stars and rebuilding doesnt work here.

Now the Mets are rebuilding because, honestly, they have no other choice. And the fans will suffer and Citi Field will be a ghost town this year with the exception of when the Yankees come here and the All Star Game.

Is that true that the Wilpons are bankrupt?? I didnt really have a problem with what the Mets did over the years. They were trying to compete and let's face it, at the time the Mets needed stars for the attendance. Remember when Piazza came here? Attendance skyrocketed. Samething when Pedro came here and Santana came here. When you have to compete with a team like the Yankees, you need stars and rebuilding doesnt work here.

Now the Mets are rebuilding because, honestly, they have no other choice. And the fans will suffer and Citi Field will be a ghost town this year with the exception of when the Yankees come here and the All Star Game.

And it should be with the prices they charge.

Hope you guys have 86 on DVD cause that may never happen again.:eek: :rolleyes::D

And it should be with the prices they charge.

Hope you guys have 86 on DVD cause that may never happen again.:eek: :rolleyes::D

According to Peter Gammons, Mets should be relevant again by 2020 . . . yeah . . . lolololololololol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts