Green horn with Coolsat 6000 needs help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smhil73

Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
I have just purchased an Coolsat 6000 system with a Invacom quad polar legacy LMB, DiSEqu 1.2 motorized H-H motor, Coolsat 4X1 DiSEqu 1.2 switch, and a 31" dish. I have the dish mounted and all the lines installed, but I do not know how to aim the dish. I live in Lebanon IL 62254, could some one please tell me the correct settings for my motor and dish.

Awsome link... my lat is 38.605 N, long 89.815 W. Once you return please tell me how use this info. Thanks...

Last edited:
Inputing your info this is what I got...
99 W° - Glorystar Package
101 W° - AdventistSat - AMC
pick one of these, look at lyngsat for what channels are on these satellites. Get a compass and try to set your dish on one of these(I know Im not much help, but I have to go work on a Dishnetwork system for a friend, hopefully someone will chime in as it will be a couple of hours before I return at least)a

Should I point the dish south and then move the motor to 99' or 101, or point the dish directly at one of the birds?

Which motor do you have?
They all come with a manual that explains the steps on setting them up.

Here is a web page that'll lead you through the steps pretty well.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Installation.htm

From that page, I'd click on: Aiming Motorized Dish
. . . all the common motors are listed.

And if you need any clarification on details or terminology, I'm sure there are 100 users here who are able to help.

Last edited:
Sorry to take so long getting you the info, the motor is a DMX 700/42. I have read through the web-site you recomended, and now have my elevations correct and the dish pointing south. I have moved the dish with the remote to 99.0W Galaxy, I have 97% level & 2-7% quality. The directions for the motor stop at pointing the dish south, whats next???

Also how do I find the LMB freq?

LO freq for Invacom QPH-031

Here's an Invacom data sheet on that LNB.
It's quite a nice one.
You'll see down on the left of the page, at item #6, the local oscillator frequency.
The 10.75 ghz is for FTA reception of linear signals.
The 11.25 ghz is for DBS reception of circular signals (they are in different bands).

Oh, wait. Here's an item in the FAQ section of the SatelliteGuys forum.
Whew, glad it agrees with what I said above. :cool:

I have the LMB settings correct, I still have 97% level, & 2-5% quality. What am I doing wrong??

Nothing happens. Do you know what the dish settings and motorized settings in the menue should be? Possibly I may have the wrong figures entered.

Dish setting menue as shown on TV:
  • Satelite
  • LNB Power
  • LNB freq
  • 22KHz
  • DiSEqC Switch
  • Committed
Motorized Settings as shown on TV:
  • Satelite
  • Frequency
  • DiSEqC Motor
  • Move
  • Limit
  • Go To
  • Save/ Recalculate

Actually When I move the dish I loose strenth on the signal meter, but I do not any better quality.

If you have set your lnb type and power on, freq (local oscillator as mentioned in earlier answer) and set the correct port for the satellite you're trying to see on your disqc switch, I think I would go for a blind scan and see if you find anything

Looks like I'm getting some thing, I am blind scanning right now and channels are starting to populat in my menue. I did change the input on the DiSEqC switch to the second port.

Problems, I have lost the channels that I acquired yesterday trying to fine tune my signal quality. I have re-checked my dish and it is aimed at 99.0W with a signal level of 92%, however my signal quality still sucks 2-5%. I am having trouble with most of the setting in the receiver (Coolsat 6000). The LNB type that I have is a Invacom Quad Polar Legacy 4 O/P, the menu gives me the choise of a Single, Universal, OCS, I belive mine is a Singlel. Then comes the question of the LNB freq, the paperwork that came with the LNB says its 10.75/ 11.25 however I am unable to get any signals at this setting. I can get a good signal at 5.150, I do not know how to set this up or find the correct info. My instructions for the dish motor and receiver stop after pointing the dish. On my motorized settings menu, I am on Satellite 99.0W and the Frequency 3.735 GHz(V) how do I know if this is correct? I need to leave the house for a few hrs, if anybody can help I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help with coordinates for T5 satellite

Fixed skewed dish install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts