Greenville/Asheville LIL's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, WLOS is a Sinclair-owned station. They have run-ins over contracts with many companies it seems. A year or two ago it was Dish, more recently one of the smaller cable companies. Both times they broadcast crawls on the bottom of the screen a few times an hour telling people to sign up for DirecTV to maintain ABC programming. I wouldn't doubt that they are the hold-outs in negotiations with DirecTV and Dish may have decided it simply isn't worth paying whatever they are demanding for the right to rebroadcast.

At least they seem to have boosted the power of their HD OTA signal, so I have no problems picking them up that way.

CDH.

I live in the Anderson area and I put up an outside antenna and receive all local
hd channels fine except 13.1 and 21.1. They:) usually come in at night and most of
what I watch in on 7.1. I don't think DTV CSR's know which way is up when they
tell us when to expect the local HD's. Like I stated earlier, I got tired of the story
telling and put up an antenna. With any luck DTV might start sending the HD locals to us by 2010.

Has anybody in the G'ville/Spartnbrg area been noticing the strong signals on the 99
and 103 sats?

I just wanted to followup and say that I now receive our locals in HD (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX). I think they went up on tuesday? A very pleasant surprise indeed.

According to DBStalk Greenville went live yesterday. I am at work and have not had a chance to try them yet.

I live in Asheville and am now recieving the Big 4 networks in HD. Did a self-install on the 5LNB dish (AT9). Was suprised as how easy it actually is if you take your time. I have been away from D* for a year. Charter sucks...........raised my price from $110.00 to $180.00. When I called to "complain" I got the "Oh Well" from the CSR. Oh well...........goodbye Charter.

This is the latest from D* HD Local web site.

Watch local sports, events and your favorite shows in amazing high definition with your DIRECTV® HD Receiver, an HD television set and an off-air antenna.* DIRECTV currently offers HD local channels in many select markets,† including yours. Enter your ZIP Code and find them now. We're also constantly adding new areas of local HD coverage, so check back soon.

Here's a list of upcoming markets that will be launched:
Oklahoma City OK, Santa Barbara-San Luis Obispo CA and Fort Myers-Naples FL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.