Greetings fromTeam Summit (DAY 1)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Good morning from Las Vegas!

Tonight at 6 pm pacific time Dish Networks Team Summit will officially kick off!

Today during the day there will be training sessions but the good stuff don’t start until tonight.

And the real meat and potatoes does not happen until tomorrow.

But thanks to the support of a number of great folks we are going to be here covering it for you all!

We are a little short in our support so if you find out coverage or this site worth supporting please consider clicking the following link. Any extra will be used to help keep the lights on here at SatelliteGuys Thank you for your support!

I will be posting throughout the day!
IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

Heading back to the hotel I ran into Charlie and his wife. Charlie actually saw me and came running over to me to say hello. We spent a few minutes catching up and talking about the Android boxes.

He said he wants to meet with me tomorrow.

That was a nice start to Team Summit!

They are having technical issues with the presentation so the host is kind of winging it.

The focus of this seminar is they want us to “think different about Dish”

They want to add value to the customer experience to make customers want to stay with Dish.

They then start telling us about the Hopper Plus and how it will keeps Dish customers with Dish as everything is integrated in one place.

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

Was hoping for something more like:

10:30 - 11:00 AM | Into the future with OTA programming guide
12:00 - 12:30 PM | Dish's new EMP Probe and Starlink
3:15 - 4:00 PM | Into the Future with 722k software upgrades
4:30 - 5:15 PM | State of the Art Channel Dispute Resolutionater™

Thursday

2:00 - 2:30 PM | Hopper 4 debuts new DVR feature that can view programming before it actually happens.

The Hopper Plus has started early as the room is full.

Dish with Android TV could be available nationwide as soon as July 14th. (Subject to change)

Customer must have Hopper 2 or 3. No costs have been given for existing customers but they wouldn’t be if it’s free or next to free to keep the customers. Extra receivers same cost as a Joey.

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

I can't understand much of what she talks about. Too much noise in the back ground that interferes with the audio. But the android interface looks similar to Sling tv. I can see the hopper plus being a nice addition for those who don't like fooling with streaming Amazon sticks or roku.

Now here's my thing. The ota guide information is useless since they can't even line it up with the actual channel it is intended.

I have suggested this in the past and I''ll say it again: Use the Air tv interface for ota for both Sling tv and DISH and you will get full guide information for the right channels and sub channels as long as you have internet connected. You could say buy an air tv 2 tuner device or a 4 tuner device separately and add the app to the hopper plus , that can be either for DISH or Sling tv and this would give you universal devices for both services and DISH wouldn't have to fool with the satellite guide to make sure it is correct for the ota networks any longer or worry about the usb ota tuner for ota. This would be a great improvement for the customers that care about ota. Since Air tv is all about ota , it makes sense they could use that service to improve their own ,considering they are both run by DISH.

Now if they actually do this I want full credit for the idea. :glasses

Last edited:
I can't understand much of what she talks about. Too much noise in the back ground that interferes with the audio. But the android interface looks similar to Sling tv.
We will get better video tomorrow. :). I just decided to shoot so I could show you guys something today.

I'm glad to see the HwS is included in the H+ list of compatible hardware.

I still don't see any J4 without the H+. :( But if Dish wants to include an H+ for free when I buy a J4, then they are welcome to do so. ;)