Greetings fromTeam Summit (DAY 1)

He says that between all their brands they have 30 million customers yet out of all those customers most only subscribe to one service. Charlie says we need to get those customers to subscribe to more services from Dish.

Charlie is asked about merging with Directv. Charlie says it’s inevitable. With the changes in the market he sees a much better chance of it being passed by regulators.

Charlie point to me and said he was talking to someone today who told him some things he didn’t know about. I won’t go into details now but it shows he listens.
IMG_3669.jpg

He talks about being able to sell phones and says how they can do things like pair sling with the phone service.

Charlie is asked if he is going to end the Boost prepaid business. And Charlie says no. But they may offer both pre paid and post paid. Churn is low less than one percent in post paid.

Charlie jokes about he’s expecting Berizon to screw up tracphone.

Into Project Geni5is. He said it’s a project to show that they can walk before they run.

It talks about building a 5G standalone network and how it’s the first network to all run in the cloud. It’s something that no one else has done.

Charlie says they have a lot more to do. And it’s a test to see about scaling up.

He says dish does things virtually and they do it in software while other companies do it in hardware.

He says Project Genei5is is not a product they are looking to sell to consumers but hey if you want to pay $899 for a phone then be his guest.

He talks about the June deadline and says they will meet it. He’s not ready to spike the football but they are close.

IMG_3671.jpg

Charlie says the cloud is important. He says that Netflix took the blockbuster store and put it in the cloud. It made finding what you wanted to watch even easier.

He talks about the ability to offer companies their own private network using Dish Wireless.

He explains what a smart network can do.

Charlie talks about timing and says Dish is maybe a year or two ahead of where they should be in the 5G game.

He wants to become a fortune 100
Company and his vision is they will get there.

Now talking about leadership. He says leadership is getting people to do things they normally wouldn’t do. He says the best leaders lead by example.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My fat head is on the screen see the guy with the glasses near Charlie feet. Well that’s me. Lol.

IMG_3672.jpg

He says forming a sting culture can keep a company going for generation after generation.

Erik says it’s time to wrap up.

Charlie says he likes playing Candy Crush and Wordle.

Charlie says he wakes up makes coffee and breakfast for the family and then goes to work. He eats his lunch at his desk. He eats a peanut and butter sandwich almost everyday. Mostly white bread but sometimes some sheet bread.

Erik thanks us for coming out tonight. And that’s a wrap!

Heading back to the hotel I ran into Charlie and his wife. Charlie actually saw me and came running over to me to say hello. We spent a few minutes catching up and talking about the Android boxes.

He said he wants to meet with me tomorrow.

That was a nice start to Team Summit!
If you see my bosses, tell them I said Hi lol

Was walking out of the assembly and Charlie came out and came running over to me and asked if I heard him mention me.

I told him I knew who he was talking about. We were both laughing.

We joked for a bit and talked for a few minutes again about a few things. Sometimes when we talk we don’t talk about Dish and that’s ok.

Been a great day one. Thank you again to everyone who has donated on the trip.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I think that the earlier poster was talking about guide information for OTA channels.
I was referring to his first paragraph regarding the video, specifically this part:

"I can't understand much of what she talks about. Too much noise in the back ground that interferes with the audio."

Scott Greczkowski Scott, Televes is setting up in booth 429 for tomorrow. If you get a chance, can you check out their stuff and give us a report on it? Thanks!

Facebook / Javier Ruano:

We are ready to start tomorrow at 2022 DISH Team Summit. If you are in the show please stop by our booth (429) and check out our latest releases in OTA, encoding, fiber optics, transmission, test & measurement, etc. Excited to be back at TSummit reengaging with partners and friends alike... it's been a long time since 2019, come on down!

televestech

"He says Project Genei5is is not a product they are looking to sell to consumers but hey if you want to pay $899 for a phone then be his guest."

This is disappointing!

It sounds like Dish Wireless will not be putting their phones out on the market for a while. If or when this happens will they have their own stores or use Boost. That is without paying $900 which I will not do. I need a new phone and service, but I may not be able to wait on Dish Wireless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)