Greetings fromTeam Summit (DAY 1)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm glad to see the HwS is included in the H+ list of compatible hardware.

I still don't see any J4 without the H+. :( But if Dish wants to include an H+ for free when I buy a J4, then they are welcome. ;)
I don't quite understand the new Joey 4. Will it be able to go wireless along with MoCA all in one unit? I did hear the present WAP will be compatible, I think.

I like the idea of no additional cost for the Hopper+ for elite customers.

Currently when watching a 4K HDR event on channel 540-01 the Dish menus are very dark. I wonder if they fixed the Dish menus with the Hopper+ when watching a 4K HDR event on channel 540-01. Also I hope the 4K handshaking is better. I have not been able to stream any of the free 4K movies from Epix. They always play as 1080i. I have 200 Mbps internet from spectrum and the Test Connections speed shows up as 210-215 Mbps on my Hopper3. Netflix, Amazon, and channel 540-01 all play correctly as 4K.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Trying to watch YT on the H3 is much slower than just watching it native on my Sony TV. Just bringing it up is - “disappointing.”

I don't quite understand the new Joey 4. Will it be able to go wireless along with MoCA all in one unit? I did hear the present WAP will be compatible, I think.

There are two versions one wired and the other wireless.

The wireless runs with the old wireless access point.

Hope that helps. :)

Trying to watch YT on the H3 is much slower than just watching it native on my Sony TV. Just bringing it up is - “disappointing.”

A lot faster on the new hardware… plus it supports 4K content from YouTube which is something the native Hopper 3 app didn’t do.

In addition it adds YouTube and 4K support to the Hopper with Sling (when using a Hopper Plus) which the Hopper with Sling couldn’t handle before.

The Dish Talks with Charlie Ergen and Erik Carlson starts in about an hour and guess who is first in line to get in?

Yup this guy. :)

I actually walked from the hotel to the Dish Talks site with Erik for a bit.

Dish has been very welcoming so far on this trip and I very much appreciate it.

I am seated for the Dish Talk with Charlie and Erik.
IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

We are at Dish Talks!

Erik takes the stage and welcomes us. He says Dish’s best days are still ahead of us.

He thanks the dealers for sticking with Dish.

He talks about milestones Dish has made over the last few years. Talks about winning the JD Powers 4 years in a row.

Talks about Sling TV being the number one streaming platform.

Talks about lighting up Project Gene5is here in Las Vegas last week.
IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

Dish Co-founders Jim Defranco and Candy Ergen are sitting in front of me.

He says to be here tomorrow for the main event where we will hear from all kinds of leaders from all the Dish brands.

Erik says Dish future depend on the people in this room. Let’s cease the future together.

He is now introducing Charlie.

Charlie talks about the issues through the pandemic and how Dish made it through.

He then talks about the pay tv market. He says he needs the programmers to help make linear tv better.

He says they need to make VOD better. And he is worrying about easing prices during these times.

He says programmers can now sell direct to customers but Dish has the technology to make things better for all.

He wants to make it easier and simpler for customers to get all the services they want.

He says there will be consolidation in the industry.

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

I can't understand much of what she talks about. Too much noise in the back ground that interferes with the audio. But the android interface looks similar to Sling tv. I can see the hopper plus being a nice addition for those who don't like fooling with streaming Amazon sticks or roku.

Now here's my thing. The ota guide information is useless since they can't even line it up with the actual channel it is intended.

I have suggested this in the past and I''ll say it again: Use the Air tv interface for ota for both Sling tv and DISH and you will get full guide information for the right channels and sub channels as long as you have internet connected. You could say buy an air tv 2 tuner device or a 4 tuner device separately and add the app to the hopper plus , that can be either for DISH or Sling tv and this would give you universal devices for both services and DISH wouldn't have to fool with the satellite guide to make sure it is correct for the ota networks any longer or worry about the usb ota tuner for ota. This would be a great improvement for the customers that care about ota. Since Air tv is all about ota , it makes sense they could use that service to improve their own ,considering they are both run by DISH.

Now if they actually do this I want full credit for the idea. :glasses
Closed captioning does a fairly good job getting the information in the video across.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts