Groundhog Day x 10 x 24

This was just a bad idea. One channel all day okay, but not all 10 movie channel exclusives.

I agree, it is a little over the top.

Hate to see what they got planned for April Fools day (maybe all 10 channels show a Charlie Chat with Charlie repeating "No compelling content" over and over again.)

This will be a good chance to check the individual PQ of each channel with the same show playing. If I get a chance to fire up the pj today, I'll report back.

FWIW, I watched Hellboy on StarzHD last night and the picture was the best I have ever seen from a Voom HD channel. It suffered from pixelation during the most intense motion, but overall it was really nice. :D Free, too. ;)

I thouht it was fun and show their programers have a sense of humor. I hope their press office made hay out of it as well.

I thought the connotation was a laugh riot...of course I'm not yet back on VOOM, and don't have to live with it today. !sadroll

Now that I've gotten back up off the floor, I will agree it's not a particularly great move, but Darryl's idea about it being a good opportunity to make comparisons salvages the endeavor somewhat in my eyes! :)

I think it is a great press stunt to get attention. I just hope they get some press. One day is not going to kill us for 10 channels. At least they knew enough to let Monsters alone although they showed Rayon who eats a giant Groundhog. (or is it a hedgehog?)

Maybe they gonna change Cinema 10 to Cinema 1, who knows? But the good news is Lab, Ultra, Auction, Gallery, and Inside Voom are still running. :D :D

I wish, before Voom goes black, if they would cut half cinema channels and those above and then pump up bandwidth to remaining HD channels just to see what's real HD like. :no

Gosh, I'm gonna miss Voom. Can't even think going back to Dish and DirecTV after almost a year and they still have the same number of HD channels.

gutter said:
I think it is a great press stunt to get attention. I just hope they get some press. One day is not going to kill us for 10 channels. At least they knew enough to let Monsters alone although they showed Rayon who eats a giant Groundhog. (or is it a hedgehog?)
I thought Rayon ate Nylon. Or was it Orlon? :confused:

Scott Greczkowski said:
I agree, it is a little over the top.

Hate to see what they got planned for April Fools day (maybe all 10 channels show a Charlie Chat with Charlie repeating "No compelling content" over and over again.)

:D :D :clap
lol.gif
:D :D

I posted this elsewhere but this is really funny, I love voom and it's great to get a laugh after all the worry about them pulling the plug Feb 1st. I don't care for the movie that much seen it once don't want to watch it again but at Christmas my daughter has to live through hour after hour of the Christmas story because my son-in law loves it,so I guess 1 day of Groundhog Day isn't to bad......
1st post; Hey my husband is so excited about Ground Hog Day being shown in High Def. He said he is going to watch it over and over and over. :yikes LOL I guess I be at the pc tonight.

Perhaps it's a test to see how much we miss Cinema 10 channels! ;)
This three-page thread proves that we miss those channels a lot.
Otherwise, why would we care?!! :D

By the way, it's good to see this movie on VOOM! If I'd have to be stuck with one movie for the entire day, this one would make a good choice!

Welcome to the forum nanaberry, and everyone else who joined us recently!
I am amazed how many people joined this forum over the past few days! Welcome aboard!

Add me into the group of people who think this is really funny. I haven't checked the program guide, but I would think it would be best if each channel was 10-15 minutes apart so that you can relive the same scene over and over again if you want.

All day on all Cinema channels. Hahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)