Grounding Issues

Haleysdad2004

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Central CA
I just got my new glory star satellite system and am trying to get it all set up. I am quite a novice in this area, so i need help with grounding my satellite. Can someone provide me with step-by-step directions on how to ground the system. I know what to do with the grounding block, but i don't know what to do after that.
Any help would be awesome,
Steve

It is best to install the dish near the utilities service entrance for the home.

• Identify the grounding rod that is connected to the electrical panel, telephone and/or cable services.
  • Scrape the grounding rod to expose bare metal then attach the grounding strap.
  • Attach the grounding wire from the grounding block to the strap. If you require a longer ground wire, it is available at a home supplies store. Keep the ground wire as short as possible.

You might also consider attaching a ground wire from the dish mount to the grounding block. If you are unsure how to safely and properly ground your system, consult with a local electrician for assistance in meeting local electrical codes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts