Group Buys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
east coast
Hi, does SatGuys discourage, allow, or even encourage Group Buys? On another forum that I used to frequent, there were group buys that allowed like-minded individuals and manufacturers/retailers to come together on large purchases that were mutually beneficial.

(Here's the backstory/reason for asking. I'm just getting started in this FTA thing. Some parts are daunting, like the planning/design phase...but, manageable with enough reading/researching/asking questions(Big thanks to SatGuys for their contribution to that!). Other parts are an investment...sometimes a fairly big investment for an endeavor to which I may not end up committing. So, anything that lowers the barrier to entry is welcome. I found in one of my posts that the equipment that I've assembled(on the cheap) is OK...by maybe mid-2000's standards, but pretty awful for today's standards. So, it looks as though I've got a lot of shopping to do!)

What is it, that you are needing that is cost prohibitive?

I'm looking at STBs(and I'm open to PC cards and USB/stick/dongle/box options) and have noticed that some sellers offer volume discounts. I've found that there are tons of options. I'm told that I should get one with DVB-S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)