Grrrr...NPS...Lifetime...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Reboot the encoder (or whatever) already!:rant:

All my other channels good except Lifetime

Presuming not just me?

I've got Lifetime Ok on my sub on G3 (do they offer it anywhere else?) Almost all the channels are doing that weird interlaced scan when they first lock, but they all strong (95-96Q) and are as good as G3 ever is including Lifetime.
Now that I watch it a bit yes jerky motion....nothing but commercials with quick scene to scene cuts I didnt notice it, but when they showed something for more that about 3-4 seconds I saw it. The Iran mux on 30W was doing the same thing last I looked at it . I agree VERY anoying. What causes that?

NPS needs to get a new PowerVu decoder for Lifetime. NPS also needs to get a new encoder or flash the firmware in there DC-2 Encoder. Until NPS finally realizes this and forks out the cash there is going to be problems. While I have some channels on G3 I very seldom watch them. They aggravate me too much, I live on W5 mostly, HITS knows what there doing.

My suggestion to you guys with Lifetime problems, Get on the Blower and tell NPS it's got a problem. They don't monitor this and unless you call and tell them it will never get a reboot, kick in the .... or whatever! Like Gene Scott always said Get on the telephone :D

those channels look so awful. They look like they been converted to an analog channel with a 10 dollar walmart modulator put through 500 feet of RG59 that has layed under a lake for 10 years. LOL

those channels look so awful. They look like they been converted to an analog channel with a 10 dollar walmart modulator put through 500 feet of RG59 that has layed under a lake for 10 years. LOL

Nah Truck, they look great :rolleyes: if your watching them on a 9 inch tv and forgot to put on your glasses. :D

I saw the studdering when I was looking at the NPS rejects last night. There's suppose to be an NPS chat this week if Mike don't blow it off for the 4th or 5th time. Wonder if any news about the whole G3 fiasco will be in our favor??? hahahaha...

This is NPS's attempt to make SD lite on the pie pan look reasonably good and hopefully kill off 4dtv. :mad: They probably get paid lots of money to promote the pie pan.

This is NPS's attempt to make SD lite on the pie pan look reasonably good and hopefully kill off 4dtv. :mad: They probably get paid lots of money to promote the pie pan.

The CEO said in the chat NPS is working on a shoestring budget that's why things are as is. Are we suppose to believe this... I don't know. Honestly if I had tons of cash I would partner and invest with NPS or SRL and go to war with pie/cable and get what is needed to make things happen to make c band a big contender.

After reviewing the cost of pie plates and cable this past week (I was curious) Even though we can't get all the channels (always) on C band, (with the right equipment you can get quite a bit). C band has allot going for it still and I like.

All the pie plate and cable providers wanted was to play bait and switch. Force you into contracts with 2 year commitments, activation fee's, receiver fee's, etc etc. And we can't forget the large early termination fees if you bail. They all wanted my social security number for a credit check which I would never give to anyone like that because of identity theft. If you refuse that they want $200 to $300 up front before even talking to you.

With C band all I do is pick up the phone and order what I want. No hassles no activation fees, deposits, contracts, credit check, bait and switch, etc etc.

So after talking with the devil this week (pie/cable) Im really happy to have what I got, and have more of a desire to help support c band and get as many interested in it and to jump from the evil side.

They say the grass is always greener on the other side but in this case the grass is just fine where I'm at. :D Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses.

Last edited:
I let my subscription run out. I'm not sure if its the season or what. I just couldn't get solid lock most of the time on 95 West for 4DTV.

It could also be my 6 foot dish, any way I will try again after the snow flies and see if I get better results.

OR

If I am lucky I will find a 10 footer before the snow flies.

(I'm done ranting)

I just couldn't get solid lock most of the time on 95 West for 4DTV.

It could also be my 6 foot dish, any way I will try again after the snow flies and see if I get better results.

OR

If I am lucky I will find a 10 footer before the snow flies.

(I'm done ranting)

Galaxy 3 should be easy to lock NPcompresS is using 19510 3/4 so there is plenty of error correction. While the weather is good I would go to G3 and check your EBNO and do some tweaking. Maybe Ice can post some EBNO numbers for G3 on his 6 foot so you have something to shoot for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts