GT Media V8

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RidgeRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Raymond, Maine, United States
Anyone use these GT media V8 satellite finders? For the price I thought about getting one for a future setup of a C and KU dish at my camp. Seems handy, I'm not a pro and figure it would hold up well for the minimal use it will see.

The only reviews I've seen are by the happu satellite nerd guy.

Anyone here have experience with them?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have a Sat Hero 500 witch I think is the same thing, Although sold by Rick the menus are the same as the V8 receivers. It does give CNR and such, but has sent me on wild goose chases a couple of times. Just picture it as a hand held STB that blinds scans and you can watch at the dish and tweak from that position. Overall not a bad gadget.

Reactions: fred555
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I am setting up a C and KU dish at my camp. I am in very remote area and I'd like to pick up the music channels and some additional TV. It looks like what you said a handheld STB.

Do they come preloaded with the sats or do I have to manually enter everything?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I am setting up a C and KU dish at my camp. I am in very remote area and I'd like to pick up the music channels and some additional TV. It looks like what you said a handheld STB.

Do they come preloaded with the sats or do I have to manually enter everything?

It come with eastern sats only. If you grab one, let me know I will send you a V8 American sat list.

Anyone use these GT media V8 satellite finders? For the price I thought about getting one for a future setup of a C and KU dish at my camp. Seems handy, I'm not a pro and figure it would hold up well for the minimal use it will see.

The only reviews I've seen are by the happu satellite nerd guy.

Anyone here have experience with them?

I have one. I like it. Easy, cheap, handy. I got mine for $48 on eBay. For that price I have zero complaints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts