Bringing old 80 cm dish back to life?

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I have an old 80 cm Ku dish up at roof level and I'm thinking of bringing it back to life. It has clear sight from about 15W to 90W with a tree that might be in the way from 90W to maybe 115W then clear again to near the west horizon.

It's not real easy to access and I would like to try and lock it down for news feeds or maybe some HD channels.

Any tips on active satellites would be very helpful.

Thanks, Dale

Attachments

• UnusedDish1.jpg
    UnusedDish1.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: FTA4PA
Hi all, I have an old 80 cm Ku dish up at roof level and I'm thinking of bringing it back to life. It has clear sight from about 15W to 90W with a tree that might be in the way from 90W to maybe 115W then clear again to near the west horizon.

It's not real easy to access and I would like to try and lock it down for news feeds or maybe some HD channels.

Any tips on active satellites would be very helpful.

Thanks, Dale
There are news feeds on 87W. Used to be news on 91W but they went to internet distribution. :( Don't know if you can squeeze it out but Reuters Live Service is on 113W. :)

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of trying 91W but it looks it will be better to try another sat. I need to get up on the roof and try and sight the dish - may be able to get near full arc with just a little trimming. From the ground it looks worse but offset dishes point a lot higher then they look.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)