Guide Data for One OTA Channel Lost!

JaredG

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Hey,
I did a seach, but I couldn't find anything exactly like I'm experiencing.
I have a VIP-622 with an OTA antenna connected for digital locals. I also subscribe to the SD locals package as local HD channels are not available in my area.
Anyway, the guide data for my OTA Fox affiliate disappeared a couple of weeks ago only to be replaced with "Digital Service". My understanding after talking with Dish is that their local channel guide data is supposed to be copied over to my OTA channels. They are ok except for the one channel.
I have deleted locals and re-scanned them, rebooted, etc. but I can't get it back. Has anyone else experienced this and gotten it resolved?
Thanks.
Jared

I sent an email to the dishquality folks and informed them of our digital fox station not having any guide data also . This is a new digital station and DISH is working with the station because their psip data is not right for the guide data to be sent. This has still not been resolved yet. But try sending them an email anyway .

dishquality@echostar.com

I thought that the psip data was not used if you also had the locals via satellite. The receiver just copies the guide data from the satellite channel to the ota channel. Did I misunderstand?

From what Kip told me at Echostar , the psip indentifier is not quite right with my local FOx station and once they contact and actually talk to the station engineer they can fix it and the guide data will populate . As yet this hasn't happened as the station engineer won't call back the dishquality folks about this issue. So often the station itself is not doing the right thing at their end. When this hd station first started this month it had 36.1 as the actual station name and then a week later it changed to fox 64 KUIL as it is supposed to be. That is when I first contacted the dishquality folks and talked to them by email.

As to the dishquality department , I always get a response back and often the head engineer will email me also when I write to him. Been writing to them about any problems with my locals in regards to picture quality or audio problem business for about 5 years and always get an answer.

I'm glad they're responsive to you, I wish it were the same for us. We have a situation where the channel carried by Dish is KHBS in Fort Smith. There is a channel in Fayetteville called KHOG. Currently, they are totally simulcasted between the two. OTA gets identified as KHOG up here, so we don't get any guide info. The station engineer has been in touch with Dish to try and get them to fix this, and they have actually responded to him.

Our emails go unanswered unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)