Guide Data - No Information on select stations

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I noted Walking Dead wasn't in my timer list to record later tonight. When I check the guide, "No Information" begins displaying on AMC starting around 2:00 pm until 2:00 a.m. tomorrow. Browsing around, I discovered a few channels with the same issue.

System Info says all sats are fine. Check switch was done. I'm still new to the Hopper, but with my 622 & 722, a check switch would force a guide download. A check switch with the Hopper did not do this. So, I tried the red reset button on the front panel. It rebooted, but still no prolonged guide download as I would expect---just a satellite/tuner check. So, I then did a power cord reset-->still just a satellite/tuner check. The missing guide data is still missing. What's up?

It did go ahead an fill in when I checked it a few hours later. The Hopper definitely behaves differently with respect to guide updates than my 622/722 did.

With the 722 you could press 999 - RIGHT ARROW while in the guide or perform a check switch to force a guide update. On Hopper there really is no way to force an update. You can power down the Hopper and all linked Joeys (make sure you aren't recording anything) and it could update in anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour, or it might not perform an update at all. You can also power down all linked Joeys, power down the Hopper and perform a red button reboot (again make sure you aren't recording anything.) It may or may not update. You will know if/when it is updating by checking the standby screensaver. It will indicate that the guide is being updated.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)