Guide entries for non-present OTA channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brussam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
If I am in an area where Dish and the local provider of ABC are in the permanent outs, if I have Dish Locals but not an OTA adapter, would the EPG still show the ABC programs?

If I am in an area where Dish and the local provider of ABC are in the permanent outs, if I have Dish Locals but not an OTA adapter, would the EPG still show the ABC programs?

Our local FOX affiliate has been off DISH since March and I do get the guide data for the OTA equivalent.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you are talking about the satellite locals, where there was a dispute the guide info was replaced with info about the dispute. That was a while ago, might be different now.

I can see that EPG information would be available for an OTA channel but I won't be having OTA using the Hopper 3.

Currently I am using a DMA that has all the Locals but the boss doesn't like the local commercials from that DMA. What I am considering using a Tablo to record ABC as a back feed for the missing Dish Local. I would prefer knowing what is on ABC in the EPG even if I have to switch to the Tablo to view it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)