Guide info available now on Al Jazeera 97w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I'm probably the last one to find this out, but tonight I've been going through the channels on 97w, discovered there are several now who have EPG info available. Glad that some of them are finally putting something in there! RT and a few others have it too, but I didn't go through all the channels, and some of those I skipped may have it too-I didn't stay long enough for info to download, possibly.

Galaxy 19 KU band does have a number of channels that provide EPG info. However, my favourite, EBRU TV's EPG info is not accurate with the on air programming. My Openbox S9 as well as the Viewsat Ultra both download an EPG which is not consistent with what is actually being aired.
Is it just me or does anyone else experience the same?

Jorgek I think it may have something to do with the time being picked up by the box, I noticed that some of the channel with info showing didn't always seem to match what was on air also. Or perhaps the info being supplied to the uplinker is really for the channel's feed from another satellite on the other side of the world.

Ebru TV EPG on G19 is correct on the mux. Make sure your time is set correctly and daylight saving time is ON.

I have tested some STB samples that didn't calculate the time correctly, but those failures are rare. While the firmware could be at fault, it is very unlikely.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure I have set the times correctly on both STB's. I have also tried adjusting the clocks to different time zones without any success. I''m in EST wth DST turned on (+ 1 hr) The fact that this happens on both STB,s makes me think that perhaps the info supplied to Galaxy 19 is incorrect. I have also looked at the schedule at the EBRU website and it does not match up to what my stbs are receiving.

Maybe changes to the schedule for individual programs are not always updated, but the current EPG program is what is playing at this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts