Guide Info Stinks!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I mainly watch movies on TCM, and there are never any detailed listings on ROVI. Perhaps because they are black and white, and pre- 1960s. Same with some older TV shows.

I just checked a few movies on TCM and they all have complete info.

TCM1.jpg
TCM2.jpg

Just maybe the guide data pushed out to different types of receivers, is NOT the same? So maybe the Hopper has full data, but whatever receiver MitchDeerField has does not?

Instead of just saying: "I got full guide data, why don't you", maybe people should start listing what receivers they either have or don't have proper guide data on...

Sorry, I never had a day of trouble with the old TMS Tribune listings.

I sure did on two separate HwS. Missed a lot of programming due incorrect guide/info and had a lot of headaches setting and fixing timers. Tribune was notorious for questionable/lacking data.

Part of the problem is also all these best of highlights with 2 mins of behind the scenes crap they keep adding in the schedule. I finally deleted all my timers for Storage Wars, Counting Cars, American Pickers, Fast N Loud, etc.. Was tired of the highlight shows bumping other stuff I actually wanted to watch

Reactions: TheKrell
There was a glitch when U238 hit where with several channels timers set to Mon-Fri turned into Fri-Mon. Those timers I had to delete and do over. Being specific with timers caused them to fail. I pulled all the failing timers and redid them in a basic manner and they seem to work now.

Reactions: pattykay
Just maybe the guide data pushed out to different types of receivers, is NOT the same? So maybe the Hopper has full data, but whatever receiver MitchDeerField has does not?

Instead of just saying: "I got full guide data, why don't you", maybe people should start listing what receivers they either have or don't have proper guide data on...

Maybe instead of coming here saying that the Dish guide stinks (title of the thread) they should start asking if others are having the same problems.

It gets old reading posts from the same few folks over and over about what a bad guy Charlie is and how they think Dish is taking advantage of them at every opportunity. Pretty sad really.

There was a glitch when U238 hit where with several channels timers set to Mon-Fri turned into Fri-Mon. Those timers I had to delete and do over. Being specific with timers caused them to fail. I pulled all the failing timers and redid them in a basic manner and they seem to work now.

Spoke too soon. Those same timers and more are all screwed up. I have had to "restore" them through the Guide for now since doing standard trouble shooting didn't work. AND the reason(s) stated why the timers are not firing off are wrong. These same timers worked just fine for months. But it all coincides with the last two FW updates. But the sucky programing info seems to be a factor also. Will spend the weekend trying to figure this out.

Reactions: pattykay
You guys must set your timers different than I do because I haven't had this issue and I record things every night. I'm with Sheridan on this one. My guide is fine, my cast shows up, reviews, etc. And it doesn't offend me when the giude uses words like epic, gripping, action based, etc...

Reactions: JSheridan
You guys must set your timers different than I do because I haven't had this issue and I record things every night. I'm with Sheridan on this one. My guide is fine, my cast shows up, reviews, etc. And it doesn't offend me when the giude uses words like epic, gripping, action based, etc...

Seven things recording tonight, and that's about average. Haven't had a timer problem in months and months.

Well I'm new to this thread I will put my 2 cents in I don't care if the show data is right what I care about is timers, since this new guide provider showed up I have had a constant battle with them. I mean how many times is a episode new[1 time] why do I get 2 or 3 recordings of it and sometime I don't get one but you can look it up in the guide and it is new with no red recording dot, this provider has been here long enough to work these problems out they have not. Before anybody asks my timers are set for only new, I got the H3 for the purpose of eliminating timer problems and everything was great until this new provider now its just one big pain in the a** dealing with this week after week....Well I've vented enough I think.:)

Not to mention a fair number of my timers were restored form my Hopper/Sling when I upgraded last year.

Guide is not fine. It isn't any type of receiver update because my receivers have had none in who knows how long. I also have a TIVO with the same Rovi provider and the same episodes of some over the air shows that became generic descriptions on DISH via Satellite are also on TIVO OTA such as some episodes of People's Court and Death in Paradise. There is ZERO question why (at least my) timers are not working it's the coding/info in the guide. The best example is what I found with Pawn Stars American Pickers and Storage Wars. (And occasionally others) For about the third time or so they have changed something in the coding and old episodes are not even recognized by a new timer and new episodes are not recognized by the old timer. And we are back with other shows again with wrong or generic descriptions and wrong dates as I posted.

Honestly, you don't care who acts in or directs a movie?

I can hardly wait for my savings rebate that Charlie is going to send me with the savings from the change.

Cast info (or the lack of it) certainly won't keep me from watching a movie, but on occasion, I still like to know. And while it was there in the past, now it's gone, and I'm pretty sure my bill is no less than it was back then. Not a "deal-breaker" but an inconvenience, and something I miss. Just an opinion.

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts