Guide Info Stinks!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Last night I again noticed that The Expanse was not scheduled to record, had to create another timer in addition to the two existing nonfunctional timers. I better check again before airtime.

Perhaps this is some conspiracy of the networks to force people to watch stuff live.

Last night I again noticed that The Expanse was not scheduled to record, had to create another timer in addition to the two existing nonfunctional timers. I better check again before airtime.

Perhaps this is some conspiracy of the networks to force people to watch stuff live.
Thanks, I didn't even notice that mine wasn't going to record until I saw your post.

I wouldn't have noticed that my Expanse timer wasn't set to record (again) if I hadn't checked here.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been a Dish customer for many years and I never would have considered switching providers, but my loyalty is slowly eroding. Ever since the release of the Hopper 3, Dish just doesn't seem to have the ability to fix anything. PTAT is still screwed up and misses recordings (even after a year or more) and now timers are unreliable across the board.

I have no confidence that any of these issues will be fixed in the near future, because Dish has not shown the willingness or ability to fix much of anything. The favorites list still get stuck when certain sports channels are included... As a programmer myself, I have to believe that should be a relatively simple issue to pinpoint, so why hasn't it been fixed? Do they not enough staff to address any reported bugs, or are the bugs simply not viewed as a high priority? Or are they not being filtered to the appropriate people?

I get that the guide changes seem to have been made on short notice, but as a customer that isn't my problem. My contract will be up soon and I may very well be looking elsewhere if Dish doesn't turn things around in a hurry.

Reactions: dishrich

I have a working timers set for Magicians and The Expanse. NOTHING shows or is set to record. Old timers are dead. If it hadn't been for this post, I would have gone to watch after I could have grabbed them in replay only to see that I had to ONCE AGAIN watch online.

Oh and my bill just went up $40. This is crap!

Reactions: Jim S. and joegr
I find the TiVo guide data to be much superior and more complete than Dishes guide data.

TiVo has picked up ALL the new subchannels in our DMA and the guide data is relatively accurate.

I never read the descriptions of the programs anyway, I either want to watch something or I don't by title, not by someone else's idea of content.

I just want things to record when they are supposed to, and it seems like Tivo and Dish are having the same issues in that area. Of course, I am on the outside looking in, so perhaps it isn't as bad as it seems?

It's easy to check the timers when you have the Hopper 3 in front of you but it doesn't appear one can do the same when they are elsewhere on a trip as dishanywhere.com doesn't seem to show the skipped events when you look at the daily schedule, anyone know of a way to do it without being near the box remotely?

My wife and I have just about had it with Dish. The guide data is getting worse and worse. Missing info, wrong info and so on. The search is broken and can't find most of anything we search for yet the shows and movies are there. Random reboots, random shows it "forgets" to record. When I press the Fast Forward or Reverse keys on Joey remote, more then once it decides to go to continuous instead of intervals. That only happens on my Joey though. And back for 10 seconds on either the Joey or Hopper is always some random amount of time more then 10 seconds. But yeah, the guide data thing and search issues are the latest downgrade from dish. I don't know how much more we can take. All those issues and they raise the price.

IMG_1177.jpg
And it now appears as though generic show information is put up instead of episode specific information for older shows. What a waste. Why even bother then. I know it won't get me anywhere but I'm calling Dish to complain.

Reactions: DWS44
Dish has a team of people working around the clock with the guide data provider to get these issues resolved. But unfortunately with these sort of big transitions it takes time
That is why they should be planned in advance and thoroughly tested prior to releasing them to the masses. I'm not going to give Dish a pass for "working around the clock" to fix something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

That is why they should be planned in advance and thoroughly tested prior to releasing them to the masses. I'm not going to give Dish a pass for "working around the clock" to fix something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I understand. I do know this was a last minute switch and there wasn't much time for testing. All I know It was due to a contract / legal issue and it was all or nothing, but that's all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: DWS44
Back to having some guide issues. First I had to delete and make new timers for three shows, two of them Pawn Stars and Storage Wars. It's obviously because they are being coded differently. I caught them before missing shows when I saw there were new episodes in the guide but not set to record. Old episodes were shown as not recording as it should be. So from the guide I created a timer and now all new episodes are again set to record, and when I deleted the old timer none of the old shows are even acknowledged. There is show on Spike I can't think of at the moment with the same problem.

Second too many shows again have wrong information or generic information. All of a sudden and the same time as the first problem some shows are giving erroneous air dates and and are not recording. One is X Factor UK on Axs. It gives the same date for every episode now. American Pickers is hit and miss, generic information but it does seem to record when new. There is more but you get the idea.........

Reactions: charlesrshell
What was the original reason for changing the guide providers? It used to be great, now the movie listings, half of them don't even list the actors. You can't find new movies with the actors you like because they aren't listed. Why did Dish switch? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
Back to having some guide issues. First I had to delete and make new timers for three shows, two of them Pawn Stars and Storage Wars. It's obviously because they are being coded differently. I caught them before missing shows when I saw there were new episodes in the guide but not set to record. Old episodes were shown as not recording as it should be. So from the guide I created a timer and now all new episodes are again set to record, and when I deleted the old timer none of the old shows are even acknowledged. There is show on Spike I can't think of at the moment with the same problem.

Second too many shows again have wrong information or generic information. All of a sudden and the same time as the first problem some shows are giving erroneous air dates and and are not recording. One is X Factor UK on Axs. It gives the same date for every episode now. American Pickers is hit and miss, generic information but it does seem to record when new. There is more but you get the idea.........

I had the same problem, but caught it too late, lost a lot of programming. This crap is really getting old. Not to mention, but I will, our bill doubling. Everyday DISH makes looking to "cut the cord" more and more inviting.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
What was the original reason for changing the guide providers? It used to be great, now the movie listings, half of them don't even list the actors. You can't find movies with the actors you like because they aren't listed. Why did Dish switch? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The guide info before the move was horrid. I don't know where you were getting that it was "great"? It was so bad that setting timers was a hazard. You never knew if you were going to get what you set the timer for. AND programming that marked "new", that was up to whomever did the input as to whether the program was listed as new or, most of the time, not.

Granted the move wasn't/isn't all that great, but Tribune was a joke that wasn't funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)