Guide Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
I have been using my 922 with HD sidecar and everything has worked fine until now.
Monday we lost power for about 5 hours. Since then the guide has not populated. I can see the channels I subscribe to and I can select them and the dish will point correctly and the program will play. The only problem is I can't get the guide to populate
I have gotten re-hit. I am on G1 3 and have 2 green lights. I called to verify that my guide subscription is on they say it is. Each night I use the sleeper function to turn off the dish and during the night it points itself at G1.
Anyone got any help?

Normally a soft reboot or flushing the guide data should solve most issues. The 4DTV guide gets buggy here and there.

I called NPS to tell them about the fix that finally worked and when I was done the lady said "I knew that I just couldn't tell you that, because if you do that on a 920 there is a chance of corrupting your 920's memory. We are told not to give that particular bit of advice."
They seem to also have rules regarding giving advice when a side car unit is involved too.

If you pull he plug on an old 920 to reboot the battery could die. If that happens the customer would blame NPS and may even sue them, so they keep quiet. The fool with the old 920 should get his battery changed then there would be no problem.

New and Need some help.
My GI DSR 922 was working great.
I added VERSUS to my NPS subscription and it worked for about an hour.
Now I cannot get DC light on G1-3, great signal/picture on G1-5(Arts) and
G1-12 (NBC) so it seems like alignment and equipment is OK.
I tried Rehits, no luck.
I tried Master Rest, No luck.
Any ideas ?

I see the IPG sucks just as bad as it did years ago. I get tired of trying to get it to work. I'm getting a program listing but no matter what I try I can't get information for the program. And I have to move the dish to G1 2 to 3 times a day to keep the guide (somewhat) current. I give up.

My guide works pretty good in the 922. I update it once a day at night and it works for 24-36 hrs. Info is not there for every show but the show is. I come from the days when there was no EPG's, in those days we just moved the dish and looked what's on. Society is so spoiled today, God forbid someone would have to look at the old tv guides that came in the Sunday paper :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)