Guide seems a lot faster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Matt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
It seems like today the scrolling through the guide is a lot faster. My dad said when he turned on the TV today that he saw a message about a channel being added and something was done to favorites, but he can't remember what exactly it said. I can't find any info on it. Does anyone know what this is all about? I am very curious. Thanks.

It seems like today the scrolling through the guide is a lot faster. My dad said when he turned on the TV today that he saw a message about a channel being added and something was done to favorites, but he can't remember what exactly it said. I can't find any info on it. Does anyone know what this is all about? I am very curious. Thanks.

Which receiver/dvr do you have?

I have a HR21-100 that asked for a new software update at 2:50am. The new version is 0x2af. I haven't had too much time to play around with it since; it did mention something about being able to access the last 10 favorite (used) channels faster.

Thanks for the info. I will check this out. I like the upgrade with the navigation of the guide. Everything is a lot smoother and faster now.

Your rec. probably got the Quicktune feature.
Push the black arrow above the Select button and you'll get 9 boxes on your screen, you can use them to put your favorite channels in them.
Jimbo

LOL Jimbo, that's a nice little feature. I always wondered why none of you guys responded in my 'DVR Shortcuts' thread, keeping all the gadgets to yourselves. :p (frozen tongue) What other shortcuts can this thing do?

My HR21's guide is no faster.

I have the Quicktune feature, and went to the trouble of programming it before I realized it was useless to me. It gives me immediate access to 9 channels, but I have no idea what is showing on those nine channels before I tune to them. One of the great advantages of D* & E* is the guide showing you what is playing. Quicktune is like going to my old cable system, where I surfed channels looking for something to watch.

Quicktune is handy for my wife and me because there are several channels that we watch regardless of what is on at the time (and we've memorized most of their schedules). These include Fox News, TBS, our local affiliates and a few others.

The guide on my HR-22 is painfully slow.

To make Quicktune a really killer feature, they should find a way to display your 9 favorites as a "mix", like the News Mix on Ch 102.

Actually this reminds me of the Hughes series of non-DVR SD receivers - this feature is handy to quickly switch to your favorite music channels. If you in the mood to listen to music, you're just going to switch to one anyway, so I think it's great.

Keep in mind that you can also press the YELLOW button and select "Previous Channels". If these are your most watched channels, you will see the channel number AND what is currently playing on that channel. Can't remember what version of updates included this feature, but recently (re)discovered it and I really like it...better than the 9 grid QuickTune channels and for the same reasons mentioned above.

Hey, I had scrolling on. Don't remember even looking for that option when I set things up months ago.

Went back, found it, turned it off, and BANG ... the guide is far faster!!!

Thanks.

You are welcome, common thing to correct it seems. Glad to help:up

I had scrolling turned off already. I thought so.

I hope the new guide they're working on will be faster and have three hours instead of 1.5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts