Guide white triangle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ranmic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Sun, Sun and more Sun!!!!
Guide

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I noticed in my guide this morning that certain channels have a little grey triangle next to them. Anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

Geez people! Sorry for asking a question. I will make sure in the future I invoke my "web etiquette" because I know people like you are really busy and don't have time to answer a question but you find time to belittle others.

And just an an FYI, I did do a search and returned no answer. I'm guessing I didn't use the magical words.

Geez people! Sorry for asking a question. I will make sure in the future I invoke my "web etiquette" because I know people like you are really busy and don't have time to answer a question but you find time to belittle others.

And just an an FYI, I did do a search and returned no answer. I'm guessing I didn't use the magical words.
Lol. I almost started a thread about this today without searching, but better judgement prevailed. No one on here means to belittle anyone, it's just that there are bigger bugs up certain bungholes than others. :D

Lol. I almost started a thread about this today without searching, but better judgement prevailed. No one on here means to belittle anyone, it's just that there are bigger bugs up certain bungholes than others. :D

The issue with this is it's a Current topic that has been discussed in the last 3-4 weeks, not like a search found threads from 2010 or older.

It's not a useless comment, it's web etiquette. There ARE 3-4 threads already asking about the "little triangles". That is why there is a search feature, so people don't start 14 million threads asking the exact, same question.

but sadly people do

Plus if Directv did a better job explaining what the were for then people might not need ask. I didn't know until I asked here so I can others wondering but not having a clue.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm wondering how many people outside of us that all keep up to date on this stuff actually see it when it is there .... most sub probably don't even realize its there.

Q. It only shows up for those that have Internet connected and Dvr's, correct ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I guess you guys are right. If the topic title was better than just "guide", in this case, more folks could find things. Maybe "triangles in guide", "odd triangles showing in guide", etc, then more folks could find the info.

But then again, making a proper title is also considered "web etiquette" isn't it?! :)

I guess you guys are right. If the topic title was better than just "guide", in this case, more folks could find things. Maybe "triangles in guide", "odd triangles showing in guide", etc, then more folks could find the info.

But then again, making a proper title is also considered "web etiquette" isn't it?! :)

goober, I have a great idea. Why don't you start weekly classes for people like me to teach us the finer points of "web etiquette"? In the future I'll run all my threads by you first if you don't mind to make sure I'm not committing any forum faux pas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)