Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I have two HR20-700's and one has the newer nice light blue guide, and the other one looks so dull and well it is the older version.

is there any reason the other one would not update to the nice cleaner looking version I mean actually they both look like the same guide, but one is so dull looking and the other nice and clean and bright.

I should also add one is using HDMI the other is not.

I have two HR20-700's and one has the newer nice light blue guide, and the other one looks so dull and well it is the older version.

is there any reason the other one would not update to the nice cleaner looking version I mean actually they both look like the same guide, but one is so dull looking and the other nice and clean and bright.

I should also add one is using HDMI the other is not.

Your referring to the Blue guide and the White guide ?

Do both machines have the same software on them ?
I would bet not.
You'll probably have to wait till the newer guide goes out in a National Release, which I thought had happened already.....

IF the old guide is a brand new HR20 , then if may do an update automatically, sometimes it take a little while to do.

Jimbo

I just want the guide to show the station logos for the new HD channel it makes it so confusing when you turn the channels and on the grid it shows S...

You can force a software update on the box with the older software (as long as you don't do it between 11 and 3 on a weekend night - typically CE time):

Perform a reset on the box through the Menu's Setup section.

When the blue lights or blue screen come on, whichever comes first, slowly press 0 2 4 6 8. You should see it searching for and then downloading the software.

This should fix the problem because, yes, the lighter guide is in the latest national release. You'll also get the option to go to the Grid Guide or the Channel Filters first, whichever you prefer,which is nice...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)