Guitar Hero 5 Get GH Van Halen Free

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
Bought GH5 today. You can get GH Van Halen free by going to the GH website and follow directions. They have some really good songs on GH5. I can't wait to get home and play. I also definitely can't wait for 6 weeks to get here to get GH VH,. It only has DLR VH songs, but they are good ones.

Bought GH5 today. You can get GH Van Halen free by going to the GH website and follow directions. They have some really good songs on GH5. I can't wait to get home and play. I also definitely can't wait for 6 weeks to get here to get GH VH,. It only has DLR VH songs, but they are good ones.
Yeah I need to call Activision today about that.. they didn't give me the required sticker to get my copy of VH, and I pre-ordered and everything. I'm going to be super pissed if they don't do something to resolve this, because I ordered GH5 early for the sole reason that GH VH would be coming to me for free.

Update: If you don't get the sticker you can download it from activision's website here:

http://vanhalenredeem.guitarhero.com/images/GH5VH_sticker.pdf

Last edited:
You can finally import your songs from GHWT to the GH5 game for only $3.50. Thats cool.
Yeah but only 35 of the 86 songs from the game, and only 21 from Smash Hits. Obviously they tried to focus on the "best" songs from each, but why the hell isn't TTFATF importable? I can't imagine that it would be hard to get a license for that song, considering if it wasn't for GH3 no one aside from the biggest of metal heads would have ever heard the name "Dragonforce"

Which songs are available for import into Guitar Hero 5?

Yeah but only 35 of the 86 songs from the game, and only 21 from Smash Hits. Obviously they tried to focus on the "best" songs from each, but why the hell isn't TTFATF importable? I can't imagine that it would be hard to get a license for that song, considering if it wasn't for GH3 no one aside from the biggest of metal heads would have ever heard the name "Dragonforce"

Which songs are available for import into Guitar Hero 5?

Well I can kinda see why all of them aren't. I know with Rock Band, people would go buy the disc from GameStop, take it home and import the songs and then sell it back to GS. Or even better buy the used version, take it home and import it, then take it back for a full refund. Don't get me wrong, I have been tempted to do it but my conscience won't let me.

Well I can kinda see why all of them aren't. I know with Rock Band, people would go buy the disc from GameStop, take it home and import the songs and then sell it back to GS. Or even better buy the used version, take it home and import it, then take it back for a full refund. Don't get me wrong, I have been tempted to do it but my conscience won't let me.
Yeah but that was different. Activision actually coded against that by forcing people to put in their unique code on their instruction books, so once the code was used it couldn't be done again. I'm pretty sure RB just put in the import option and allowed you to basically take 1 disc and give it to all your friends and you all could import the tracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)