Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Are you getting one? are you getting the older hardware at 299, or sitting on what you have? just curious as to the reaction of the new hardware and wanting to know how you guys feel about it...
personally I love the look of it, especially the matte finish and think its a HUGE step to where to the ps3 should have been when it launced ( now bring back Backwards compatiablitY!!!!)

I would love one, but not without backward compatibility.
If/when I get a 2nd one for the kids playroom, I'll look for an older one with BC.

No thanks - I'll stick with my original 60GB, although I have a few friends who will finally take the plunge now, I think, so that's exciting for me....

Yeah, my friends are holding out for an even more enticing offer now that Blu-Ray players are $100 :(

I'll be interested in a slim once we move and stuff, need to get the bedroom Blu at some point, but if I can go to Wal-Mart and get some cheap $50 player we'll probably just do that when the time comes.

I'm considering some form of the PS3, my bluray player is 1st gen so I'm looking at it as a bluray player that can also play games.

I'm probably going to wait and see if the 80GB model drops in price, doesn't make sense to charge the same for the older model with a smaller drive.

It makes sense for now because it will be a few weeks before the PS3 Slim is available. There will probably be some sporatic deals next month as the other SKUs go from 'reduced price' to 'discontinued'

I'll be enjoying my BC-enabled 80 GB model still (assuming Gamefly ever feels like shipping out my copy of Shadow of the Colossus....)

It makes sense for now because it will be a few weeks before the PS3 Slim is available. There will probably be some sporatic deals next month as the other SKUs go from 'reduced price' to 'discontinued'

Yeah, I'm not sure you'll get much chance (if any) to get an 80GB cheaper than $299, because they'll be phased out pretty quickly...

I already have the best PS3 they ever came out with. I have the 60gig version, so I will not buy the new one.

I already have the best PS3 they ever came out with. I have the 60gig version, so I will not buy the new one.
I have the same one for the living room. I want another for the kid's playroom, and don't want a crippled one there. I may wind up searching craigslist to find another one.
I'd even prefer a 20 gig before any of the others.

I have an 80GB. I'm not "upgrading" to a slim. Mostly use it for BluRay. Besides, the shiny black matches by 72" Sammy.

Too late to change it now, but I'd be curious to see the breakdown of that last option on the poll. "Fine with my old one" and "don't want one" are very different answers... :)

Hmm, I might pick one up during the holiday season. I played GTA IV on my cousin's PS3 and the graphics were stunning. Since then I have wanted to get a PS3 but $400 was just too expensive for me to justify, especially since my PS2 Slim is running fine. Just from the pictures I like the matte finish of the Slim.

That is me as well. IF something happend to it I would consider a slim, but not until that happens.

Just found out the new ps3 bitsreams Dolby TrueHD and DTS hd master audio :)

NOW they do that. They better come out with an update for mine. I hate not being able to look at my receiver and seeing what sound I am listening to.

NOW they do that. They better come out with an update for mine. I hate not being able to look at my receiver and seeing what sound I am listening to.
I don't think that's possible. Isn't that a hardware issue?

I don't have a system equipped for those codecs so neither apply to me. Does this mean that for titles with those audio formats PS3 owners get to eat sh*t and get bad sound?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)