H and V Blind Scans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
When doing a blindscan with my Solomend HD800 I notice it will first scan the horizontal then the Vertical!My question is that many times i will get repeat channels from V and H! is this common?.Too bad the scan wasnt smart enough to remove duplacates so i dont need to do it while editing.Also is there a good site i can check out on learning V and H signals?I would like to learn more on how these work.

My question is that many times i will get repeat channels from V and H! is this common?
Does this happen on all Sats, or just 1?
Is it possible that you Dish / LNB are a little out of alignment?

My first guess is the problem is your lnb. If you only have a single polarity lnb, your receiever will scan double on everything. But if you check lyngsat, you will notice that all the TPs are either H o V but you will not have both.

Assuming that you have a dual polarity LNB. The receiver sends out 18V to activate the horizontal polarity and does it scan. It then drops the voltage to 14V to activate the verticle polarity and it does the Verticle scan. Maybe somehow your horizontal polarity is remaining activated for the 2nd part of the scan and the receiver sees the same signals again. I suggest to check which TPs get duplicated. Are they only horizontal TPs or only verticle TPs (or both) that get duplicated?

My first guess is the problem is your lnb. If you only have a single polarity lnb, your receiever will scan double on everything. But if you check lyngsat, you will notice that all the TPs are either H o V but you will not have both.

Assuming that you have a dual polarity LNB. The receiver sends out 18V to activate the horizontal polarity and does it scan. It then drops the voltage to 14V to activate the verticle polarity and it does the Verticle scan. Maybe somehow your horizontal polarity is remaining activated for the 2nd part of the scan and the receiver sees the same signals again. I suggest to check which TPs get duplicated. Are they only horizontal TPs or only verticle TPs (or both) that get duplicated?

The LNB im using is the c/ku DMX741 Thanks for the info:)

Does this happen on all Sats, or just 1?
Is it possible that you Dish / LNB are a little out of alignment?

Lak! It dosnt happen on all but i would say more than a few.Heres a pic of my Dish with the LNB.PS i figure that some adjustment is still needed on my LNB but for now im just programming in sats.

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 182
Mine only does the double (both polarities) on one Sat and thats
103 with the oddball skew. I'm motorized so my skew is off on that
one. Not the receiver's fault.

did you notice this recently? I applied the update this morning and have noticed this for the first time today.

To be clear, we're talking about the same channels on the list on one satellite, not just bleed over right? Because I'm talking about for example seeing horizons2's channels and seeing each one twice on the same list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)