H-H Motor Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
I am installing a new H-H Satellite Motor as soon as the weather breaks here in Indiana.

I have a question: In looking up my Latitude: 41.3°N and Longitude: 86.3°W, I checked the little user’s manual for my new h-h motor which I received today. It says for my site latitude of 41 and the elevation angle will be 49. Question: Should the site Latitude 41.3 be the same as the Elevation angle? My dish Elevation is 42. DOes this sound right?

First the motor setting. Your motor MAY have both elevation settings on one side, and latitude settings on the other side. If it has a latitude scale, simply set it to your latitude, as near to 41.3 as you can. If the motor only has an elevation scale, then set the elevation to 48.7 as near as you can. ( The relationship is "90 minus latitude = elevation) .

The dish elevation bracket:
My motor book shows a dish elevation bracket angle for your location, to be 28.6 degrees . You will want to check YOUR motor manual to see if that is correct for your setup. Motors can vary in the degree of bend of their shaft, so different brands have slightly different declination angles listed. What model is your motor ?

I use a 36" dish and I got the dish elevation angle from using the Dishpointer web site. My small book does not give any direction for the dish.

Motor manual says for site latitude of 41 the elevation angle is 49. Also says the Declination angle is 6.376. If this helps!

My motor manual shows the same declination angle, so I suggest you use 41.3 deg on the latitude scale of your motor, and start your dish elevation setting at 28.6 degrees , or thereabouts ( it'll have to be tuned during the process) .
You have the same true south bird as I do, AMC3 (87W) . Use the 11716 H 4858 transponder as a default when you are dialing in your setup, it's always up, and powerful.
:)

My motor manual shows the same declination angle, so I suggest you use 41.3 deg on the latitude scale of your motor, and start your dish elevation setting at 28.6 degrees , or thereabouts ( it'll have to be tuned during the process) .
You have the same true south bird as I do, AMC3 (87W) . Use the 11716 H 4858 transponder as a default when you are dialing in your setup, it's always up, and powerful.
:)

Thanks for your HELP Brentb636, I will do just what you said. I was going to use the AMC3 also. Looks like the weather is going to be better in the afternoon. I'll try and get thus started. THANKS!!!!!!!!!! Can you get AMC3 pretty good?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts