H&i OTA lost due to FCC repack

CyberSpock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2017
US
Right now until midnight supposedly, channel 69 out of Allentown is broadcasting on two sub channel 3 spots at the same time. One is H&I and the other is displaying place cards saying the channel is moving to "the place I'm viewing now"

I can see both feeds on my TV but the Dish OTA scan only sees the place card feed. Can it only handle one sub channel of the same number? Probably. Supposedly only one of these will exist tomorrow. In the mean time there is no H&I for me via the Hopper 3.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
Dish can display more than one subchannel per number as I have a few sub channels per channel displaying on my hopper with sling. Try a rescan or wait til tomorrow and then rescan.

View attachment 134059 Dish can display more than one subchannel per number as I have a few sub channels per channel displaying on my hopper with sling. Try a rescan or wait til tomorrow and then rescan.
In your picture I don't see my situation. On my TV I have these 2 with the first one showing the place cards.

069-03 WFMZ-NT
069-03 WFMZ-HI

On the Hopper OTA scan, only the first one is found.

I don't see how your tv can find 2 different channels on the same sub channel.
I have never seen this before. I was hoping someone else in the Allentown PA area understands what's happening because I don't.
20180719_055850.jpeg

According to the place cards, H&I is moving to channel 2 out of Philadelphia. My TV tuner nor Dish OTA can see channel 2. If this is the eventual outcome I will lose H&I completely. Is that good enough reason for dish to furnish it another way?

Probably not. You sure Dish and your TV tuners won't scan ch 2? Mine do and I'm up here in Carbon county. Ch 2 out of Philly (It's actually Delaware based) offers several diginets including MeTV.

KJWP - Wikipedia

Probably not. You sure Dish and your TV tuners won't scan ch 2? Mine do and I'm up here in Carbon county. Ch 2 out of Philly (It's actually Delaware based) offers several diginets including MeTV.

KJWP - Wikipedia
I'll have to fiddle with antenna direction. Also I will check if my neighbors get it. The notice says Ch 2 out of Philadelphia is going to increase power so that might help.

I live in the Lehigh Valley and have an original Channel Master 4228 UHF/Hi VHF antenna connected to my two Hopper3s.

P1010991.JPG

I too lost the subchannels for channel 69 with the move to channel 2.

I would like to add a VHF antenna to my installation to receive the Lo VHF channels from Philadelphia.

I'm not the greatest DIYer when it comes to heights so I have being trying to find a local company from which I could purchase an antenna and have it installed to no avail.

It's interesting that in this era of "cord cutting" that there is definitely a lack of local companies to meet the OTA needs of customers. It would appear to be a market ripe for someone to fill this void.

Attachments

• P1010991.JPG
    P1010991.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: charlesrshell
In the spirit of full disclosure you can read my signature below for a list of hardware I'm using. When it comes to TV antennas, bigger is better and a mast-mount pre-amp is a big plus. I recently rescanned and locked 73 channels off the antenna.

antenna-2.jpg

Channel 2, Philadelphia, is on 2 both RF and virtual. You need an antenna that will receive low VHF to get this station. Many antennas out there are UHF only. That might be a reason why you can't scan the channel.

I too have a similar situation, but I am in Ky

For some reason, my HWS will not receive channel 68-3, even though my TV's will. When I try to view that channel, some time all I get is a black screen, other times I get the picture but no sound.
I don't understand how I can get 68-1 & 68-2 with no problem with the HWS & not 68-3. I thought with digital, you either got it or you didn't. Talked to the station engineer & he said that nothing has changed
and that all of the settings are the same for all.

Channel 2, Philadelphia, is on 2 both RF and virtual. You need an antenna that will receive low VHF to get this station. Many antennas out there are UHF only. That might be a reason why you can't scan the channel.
I get a few low vhf stations but I don't get 2 or 6 just like they describe on the notice. I get other Philadelphia stations, so this may indeed be the case.

Here is the antenna I installed

pingbingding HDTV Antenna Amplified Digital Outdoor Antenna with Mounting Pole--150 Miles Range--360 Degree Rotation Wireless Remote--Snap-On Installation Support 2 TVs Amazon product ASIN B0748KYTZN

That link is

pingbingding HDTV Antenna Amplified Digital Outdoor Antenna with Mounting Pole--150 Miles Range--360 Degree Rotation Wireless Remote--Snap-On Installation Support 2 TVs Amazon product ASIN B0748KYTZN

I get a few low vhf stations but I don't get 2 or 6 just like they describe on the notice. I get other Philadelphia stations, so this may indeed be the case.

Here is the antenna I installed

Low VHF = channels 2-6. High VHF = channels 7-13.... Many antennas out there do just fine on high VHF, not so well on the low ones though.

North American television frequencies - Wikipedia

Looking at your your antenna specs, it is high VHF only...

Low VHF = channels 2-6. High VHF = channels 7-13.... Many antennas out there do just fine on high VHF, not so well on the low ones though.

North American television frequencies - Wikipedia

Looking at your your antenna specs, it is high VHF only...
Ok thanks for finding it. I don't know what was wrong with those links. Time for a different antenna I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)