Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I know that lots of people have commented on the elevation scale on some dish's being off by quite a bit. Has anyone noticed this problem on the motor bracket's latitude scale? I might have a declination problem on a new setup I'm working on. The signals get worse the farther I get from true south (plus or minus). The pole is solid and plumb.

Yes, they can be off. You can try Adding 1deg to Dish and Minus 1deg from Motor(or vice versa), at True South there would be no difference.

This Pic may help....

Attachments

• track.gif
    track.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 229
When I set one of my SG2100 brackets on glass table one arm was higher then the other. That made it scan low to G10R and high to Echostar 61.5

Yes, they can be off. You can try Adding 1deg to Dish and Minus 1deg from Motor(or vice versa), at True South there would be no difference.

That helped, thanks. I also gave a little turn to the west.

On another subject. I have always read that in order to get the LNBF in the proper focal point you should slide it as far back (away from dish) as possible. I got to playing with it today and found that with my setup the LNBF gave more signal when pushed almost all the way in. My Q went up around 8-9 points when I did that.

That helped, thanks. I also gave a little turn to the west.

On another subject. I have always read that in order to get the LNBF in the proper focal point you should slide it as far back (away from dish) as possible. I got to playing with it today and found that with my setup the LNBF gave more signal when pushed almost all the way in. My Q went up around 8-9 points when I did that.
There are tolerances that make one dishes' "sweet spot" different from the next one. You did the right thing - move the LNBF in and out until you find the sweet spot for that dish.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)