H to H Motor Limit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
I have a SG2100 motor that tracks fine at least I get the sats West of 79 at least there is nothing east offering a footprint here.In order to pick up 119 I have to use Diseqc 1.2 and manually move west as far as it will go to get 119.
I would lie to use this dish to try for 123.My question is there a way to adjust the motor on the mount with the azimuth and elevation to get this extra movement or would it mess up tracking the clarke belt?

Dave

Should be within your reach then for the NASA channel on 119ºW

Pete
the funny thing about 119 when I got it I was using a linear universal Lnbf and got all the H transponders NASA is on a V 12370. not interested in 121 as no FTA there but 123 I would like to try for but the motor will not go that far.

The transponders I do get are like 86-90% quality,would it have anything to do with the universal lnbf?I have a 10750 standard I will try next chance I get.

I find Standard LNBF's give slightly more signal quality, but it depends on the noise level (dB) and quality of the LNBF also.

80-90 Quality is pretty good!

Still thinking about a way to try and pick up G10R with the motorized 1M dish,using diseqc 1.2 I can motor till it stops and pull in 119 no problem.What now I wonder is another lnbf strapped to the already there would work to give me the extra 4 deg or can that motor stop be adjusted a little more to get it?
Anyone done this?

Dave

The mechanical limits can be moved slightly for an extra few degrees at each side of the arc. But if they are loosened too much they can fall inside the motor!

Thanks PeteMoving that stop on one side to its extreme limit won't put any extra stress on the motor do you think and I guess I have take the tube off the motor as well to make the change.

Dave

Yes the tube would have to be removed, I moved mine the extra few degress with no problem. I moved the limits as far east and west as they would go then back a hair then tightened them down. Remember never fully loosen them or the nut will fall inside the motor!

I ajusted the limits on the motor and am now able to see 121 I guess as I nudged over but no FTA, I can go a little past that but possibly not enough signal there to see G10R as there are some trees further away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)