H-Town Voomers post here (yee haw!)

cyuhnke said:
astrossuperfan, what are you doing for service at the new place?

It's a toss up between Voom and a company called Cebridge cable. They don't require a phone line and I could get internet through them. Voom will move me for free and has lots more HD though, which is nice. Anyone know anything about this Cebridge company? I'll probably stick with Voom in the end.

Try to find a company that shows more Astros victories. I see you changed your avatar. Jumping ship? ;) If I was in Houston, I'd go apply for a bullpen job. I can also suck, but for a lot less money. Also, your signature is now incorrect. I'm frustrated, if you hadn't noticed.

astrossuperfan said:
Anyone know anything about this Cebridge company? .

They are a cable company that has being buying up little mom-and-pop rural operations.

Cebridge is out. Voom stays.

I called Cebridge for info on pricing, HD offerings, etc. The CSR said they have ESPN-HD, Disc-HD, and showtime-HD for those with that package. Then she said she couldn't sell them to me though. When I asked why, she had no idea but they were not offering them right now. :shocked :eek:

13-2 was added today to our local OTA mapping. It has different programming than 13-1, but I don't know what it is.

And you read that right. They added another -2 channel, BUT NO KNWS YET! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Demo

Hello All,

I want to look at what Voom is airing, but all Sears will show me is a revolving demo of the Rush channel. Does anyone know where I can go to watch Voom and actually look at all the channels? :)

Thanks

Kpix,
What part of town do you live in? I could show you my VOOM setup, I live off 249 and Cypresswood

I see the 13-2, I cannot get 8-1. Any luck with that guys? I had a installer come in the 2nd time and they cannot still figure it out. He was able to get my spanish channels on (who cares)... but no go on 8-1.

Also, for anyone from Voom who is reading this, PLEASE TURN ON 51-1

PBS is a VHF digital station. If you have a UHF-only antenna, this could be your problem.

I'm in Chicago but my wife called and mentioned the channels were all messed up. I know that this usually means new channels so I'm all over the forum today. Too bad there's no news yet. I want manual scan for KNWS too!

Writing from an Astros' road trip,

AstrosSuperfan

Why didn't you hit the first base ump with a beer bottle today? :) Have fun. I'm gonna see a game at Wrigley one day.

cyuhnke said:
Why didn't you hit the first base ump with a beer bottle today? :)

I would've been a long throw from where I was sitting. Out-of-towners don't get very choice seats. Next stop: St. Louis.

I also wanted to post here in the Htown thread that I am leaving Voom and switching to D* when I get home. Voom just doesn't have the content I am looking for, namely my RSN, Sci-Fi, USA, KNWS, FoodTV, etc. I hope to come back when Voom has more channels I want, but for now so long guys! :wave

I've had voom now for a week and I must say that I am happy. I currently have Dish as well. The sound quality on Voom is much better than Dish. I just wish that there was a way to get the locals to show full screen all of the time. I live off of Cypresswood and can't get 8-1 either.

I signed up for Voom. My install date is June 25th. Hopefully it all goes OK. I'm in Sugar Land and live in a community where rooftop anntennas are not allowed. I just use a Silver Sensor inside my house connected to my Directv box to bring in all the OTA HD channels at this point without any problems. Can I use the Silver Sensor with the VOOM box? I'm assuming I can but just wanted to make sure.

Also at some point, I might mount the antenna that VOOM provides in my attic, but don't want them to do so right now, as I'll need to run coax and such and I would prefer to do that myself. Can I keep the VOOM antenna even if I don't need it for the initial install?

How are the installers in Houston? Pretty good? Horrible? Do they steal any of the provided equipment? Should I expect them to show on time or maybe several hours late? I haven't seen too much feedback on this topic so I was just wondering.

Kemah Boardwalk

I live a rocks throw from the boardwalk. Up and running with EVERY station EXCEPT 13 (ABC) !!

Hope to get it fixed this weekend.

Other than that, I LOVE IT!!

Install took 4 hours. 2 hours for the normal install having to replace existing lines and CO-EXIST with broadband cable. 2 additional hours to get the OTA channels to come in.

Robert

Installer showed up when he was supposed to. He had all the equipment and knew what he was doing. His name was Victor from Digital Direct. Super nice guy!!

Robert

No worries FE. I live in an apt and have a small indoor Radio Shack antenna...works fine...get all OTAs. And yes, I kept my VOOM antenna...the installer said that was fine. Also, there have been some horror stories around the forum about rough installs but they seemed to have lessened. Mine went superb (I think I had the same guy KemGuy did). I've had VOOM since April....and love it. HD rules!

OK well I have decided to move to an apartment in the Med Center. I was reading thru the posts on this thread and it seems like I will need a clear line of sight to the S and SE. I need to verify because I'm gonna get an apartment that I can get VOOM with. If I can't get VOOM, I'm going to move on to the next apartment. I've found a property that I like and am considering strongly, so I was wondering if an apartment facing due south and on the 3rd floor will be good enough. Also what about a SW facing apartment? Probably not, huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts