H10 Component Video Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbs

Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hello, I recently purchased a second H10 receiver. I'm having a problem connecting the Component Video output to a Philips tv. A DVD player works fine connected to the component video input on the TV. When I switched to the output on the H10 I get horizontal scrambled lines. I have tried all formats on the TV and the H10 but no luck. I didn't have any problems with my first H10 connected to a Marantz receiver and a Panasonic plasma. Also the H10 and Philips work fine together if I use the s-video connection. Is there a setting I need to find to sync up the units? Thanks. :confused:

i haven't received my dtv receiver yet (and from the posts it doesn't seem like directv hd is worth ordering) but I had the same problem with my voom receiver with both component and dvi... check the output settings when you hook it up with the s-video and see if you have to activate the component hookup as I know on the old voom you did. Also (and I apologize if this sounds stupid) but make sure the colors match (i.e. green in green) as that can also cause that problem. sorry if that makes no difference but figured i'd chime in and hopefully help

First off, I would make sure my cables were in securely. If the problem was still there I would try swapping out the two H-10s. If the problem goes away, you would know it's the new one that has the problem. If not the problem is with the TV.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Make sure your video setting is set to a setting your TV supports. Most non DLP TV's don't do 720p natively. Set it to 1080i to see if that fixes that.

SBS, what Phillips TV are you using? We are assuming it is HD ready. Your original post said you tried all formats, so as long format means 1080i, 720p, 480i/p, Native, and not full, zoom, stretch, etc., then it looks like you have already tried Neutron's suggestion. If not, try it. If none work, its probably a bad STB or a bad TV. Try swapping like rockaway suggested.

If it is a smaller Philips LCD the only input capable of accepting any input above 480i is the PC input. There should have been a RGB to component adapter included if this is the case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts