H1001 HDCP errors, anybody else get this?

berck

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Pleasanton, CA (SF Bay Area)
I switched to Uverse in the beginning of January. The installer got everything hooked up, but I saw an HDMI Error with the TV. We switched cables and the error went away. While he was working on it, it would come back now and them. Once the configuration was set, I never saw the error again, until today.

I had dropped Dish after the evaluation, so I was removing the dish equipment. In the process, I had to clean up my wire mess, so I shutdown the Uverse RG and dvr. On rebooting, the Uverse DVR/receiver started having the HDCP errors again. Of course I tried everything listed on the TV. Multiple reboots of all the equipment (TV, dvr and RG). I even tried different cables, and went out and bought a high quality HDMI cable. Nothing has helped.

I contacted online chat who suggested I move to the component output (which does work just fine). As I asked why this starting happening today after six weeks, he claimed that my TV wasn't HDCP compliant. I confirmed it was, but also pointed out that if that was case, I wouldn't have been able to watch over HDMI on my TV for the past six weeks.

I have tech support coming out tomorrow to check the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)